Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Y upgrade? (formerly MyUpgrade)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Using a Y upgrade? (formerly MyUpgrade)

When booking my last flight as a full Y fare, I received a notification and email stating:
--------------------------------------------
CONFIRMED FIRST CLASS UPGRADE
on your next qualifying itinerary

Once you've completed travel on this itinerary, visit continental.com/for/MyUpgrade
with your eTicket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for complete details.

I checked this link out back in May when I booked my last flight. However, with the rollout of the new website, the link no longer works.

Anyone know if this feature is still available?

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
continental.com/MyUpgrade
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
continental.com/MyUpgrade
I tried that last night and it didn't work.

Retried this morning using add the www. first and it worked.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: sales
confirmed first class upgrade

Originally Posted by btuttler23
When booking my last flight as a full Y fare, I received a notification and email stating:

Once you've completed travel on this itinerary, visit continental.com/for/MyUpgrade

I checked this link out back in May when I booked my last flight. However, with the rollout of the new website, the link no longer works.

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:42 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by btuttler23

Thanks.
Hi btuttler, the link provided on the boarding pass needs a "http://" before it. Try: http://continental.com/for/myupgrade.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
I just received the same notification on my BP. What causes me to get this?

Also what good is it since elites already get a full fare (Y) upgrade?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I have purchase about a half-dozen or so Y itineraries in the past year, and never received an email like this. How does one qualify for this? I note that the website states you can receive a confirmed upgrade for future Y and H fare itineraries.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Wasn't this stated as being the result of someone not getting a Y-up when called for or something? I thought I read a thread about it not too long ago.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Wasn't this stated as being the result of someone not getting a Y-up when called for or something? I thought I read a thread about it not too long ago.
It would certainly be a nice perk to extend to folks who have purchased a Y fare on an ERJ, CRJ, or Turboprop. [/Hint, Hint]
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm pretty sure this is the voucher they give non-elites who buy a full Y and who do not get upgraded on the day of travel.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm pretty sure this is the voucher they give non-elites who buy a full Y and who do not get upgraded on the day of travel.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Still, it would be nice if purchasing a Y fare on an RJ or Turboprop got you something more than 150% EQM and Mileathon Credits. One CO Currency Coupon from the kiosk would be a great start @:-)
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
One CO Currency Coupon from the kiosk would be a great start @:-)
Yeah, but they'd printing out hundreds of them just for ssullivan
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, but they'd printing out hundreds of them just for ssullivan
This sounds like a points/perks laundering opportunity for the ages. All hail ssullivan, newest permanent resident of the Coupon Connection.

H: Lifetime Supply of Bombay Sapphire
W: All your SWU are belong to us

Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
My understanding is that these are transferrable.

I received one which expires in July and I'll never use it. If someone would like it, read the terms and conditions at the link posted by CO Insider and PM me. Please only do so if you're going to use it yourself. I'm giving it away and don't want to find it on CC. If there's more than one person who wants it, the Mrs will pick a name out of a hat or bowl or something.

It's just a thanks for all of the help and good advice I've received here. There is nothing required in return but a thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
My understanding is that these are transferrable.
Really? Well, I found one in the seat pocket once... But well, since I never fly Y or H anyways, it doesn't really matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.