Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Don't use Park2Go in Elizabeth (EWR off-site parking)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't use Park2Go in Elizabeth (EWR off-site parking)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Thumbs down Don't use Park2Go in Elizabeth (EWR off-site parking)

Just want to let you know that if one of their staff damages your car they will HIDE the damage until you leave the lot. Then when you notice the damage they will basically tell you, "Do you have insurance? Well, use it!".

The story is that my father parked his 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra there for a week in June. When he went to go pick up the car the driver side of car was parked about 2 inches from the fence. We couldn't understand why they did that except that their opening is quite narrow and when we called ahead to let them know we were coming they brought the car up near the entrance and HAD to park it that way to allow other vehicles to enter.

We now know the reason. Apparently, someone damaged the car on the driver's side; a gash about 2 feet long into the door panel. So instead of owning up to the damage they decide to hide it by preventing the customer from noticing it before they leave the lot.

It worked...my dad got in the passenger side after paying and drove away.

It wasn't until he got out at home that he realized what had happened. He called Elizabeth police and filed a police report. When he finally got the owner of the lot on the phone he got the "well you have insurance" BS. No offer to even pay the deductible!!!

The only recourse was to file a complaint with American Express (the card used to pay for the parking). AMEX took the complaint and refunded the parking charges. Still we were out a $500 deductible.

So, if you value your car, don't use PARK2GO in Elizabeth. They will damage your car, hide it and won't make you whole by either using their insurance or at least paying your deductible.

- HobokenFlyer
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Wow, what a terrible story! FWIW, I've always had great luck with ABC Parking in Elizabeth. Their rate ($9/day) is quite friendly as well!

Hope things go more smoothly in the future...
Bostonbali
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
I used them until they stopped taking AMEX...I talked to the GM at ABC and he said AMEX wasn't coming back.

I do most of my traveling on business and the business credit card is AMEX.

I will just move over to Corporate, even though they are about $3 a day more...

- HF
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I have heard quite a few people complain about that place. I have given up on valet parking of any type years ago.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Have any of you tried Vista? We used to use them and were always happy with their service. We used them until Corporate and ABC came along and were less expensive. They are at the Howard Johnson's hotel at the north end of the airport (they used to be at the Hilton, years ago). I figured I would mention Vista as they were always very good.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:29 pm

I have very very bad experience with them too

My car was totally smashed in the parking lot when I came back from vacation in early Dec. 2006. The airbag deployed, which means someone was driving my car when the accident happened. They refused to give me any compensation. I am going to sue them. If you care about your car, don't park there.

Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Just want to let you know that if one of their staff damages your car they will HIDE the damage until you leave the lot. Then when you notice the damage they will basically tell you, "Do you have insurance? Well, use it!".

The story is that my father parked his 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra there for a week in June. When he went to go pick up the car the driver side of car was parked about 2 inches from the fence. We couldn't understand why they did that except that their opening is quite narrow and when we called ahead to let them know we were coming they brought the car up near the entrance and HAD to park it that way to allow other vehicles to enter.

We now know the reason. Apparently, someone damaged the car on the driver's side; a gash about 2 feet long into the door panel. So instead of owning up to the damage they decide to hide it by preventing the customer from noticing it before they leave the lot.

It worked...my dad got in the passenger side after paying and drove away.

It wasn't until he got out at home that he realized what had happened. He called Elizabeth police and filed a police report. When he finally got the owner of the lot on the phone he got the "well you have insurance" BS. No offer to even pay the deductible!!!

The only recourse was to file a complaint with American Express (the card used to pay for the parking). AMEX took the complaint and refunded the parking charges. Still we were out a $500 deductible.

So, if you value your car, don't use PARK2GO in Elizabeth. They will damage your car, hide it and won't make you whole by either using their insurance or at least paying your deductible.

- HobokenFlyer
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by hotdeserts
My car was totally smashed in the parking lot when I came back from vacation in early Dec. 2006. .

Any resolution to this yet????
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Have any of you tried Vista? We used to use them and were always happy with their service. We used them until Corporate and ABC came along and were less expensive. They are at the Howard Johnson's hotel at the north end of the airport (they used to be at the Hilton, years ago). I figured I would mention Vista as they were always very good.
My parents use Vista all the time when they fly out of EWR. I would reccommend them to anyone as a parking option at EWR. Also, if planes are using the 22's, you can get some great overhead shots of planes landing!!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by COmciUA
My parents use Vista all the time when they fly out of EWR. I would reccommend them to anyone as a parking option at EWR. Also, if planes are using the 22's, you can get some great overhead shots of planes landing!!
At $15 a day with the tax versa ABC @ $9 or EZWay @ $8 with coupon , I'll skip on Vista. Its also a hassle getting over to the HoJos.

Both ABC and EZ are on the 1-9 North by the 4 Points Hotel, no tax since its Elizabeth and not newark
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hertz #1 5*, CO, AA
wow!

And I was just looking for places to park for when I leave in april. Thank you for posting this info, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with them. Hope everything is able to get resolved (even if that means court).

Thanks for the heads up
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:12 pm

Don't use Park2Go at Newark Airport- Thefts

Park2Go is a valet parking lot in a dusty and dirty caged lot at Newark Airport (EWR). I was parked at Park2Go over a long weekend. Upon returning, we realized expensive sunglasses were stolen out of the car. The Manager and another employee mentioned they even new the employee responsible but never returned repeated calls after my initial call. If you value your possessions and your car, do not park at this lot.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:13 am

Newark Airport Parking

I must say that my company, Rekop has been using Park2Go for the last 2 years. They may have had problems in the past but let me tell you that none of our employees have complained. If you want to park your own car no problem and you can also valet . They pick us up usually within 10 mins. If you want to park at Newark I strongly suggest Park2Go. In my opinion it is a very safe & secure lot. I have zero complaints.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:57 pm

...or you could just park in the EWR remote lots (P6 and P7), as they're dirt cheap ($15), secure, and moderately convenient.

I don't trust my car sitting for weeks with some fly-by-night parking operation in one of the most crime ridden areas on the planet this side of Bogota.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:19 pm

i'm a regular customer at park2go

i'm sorry you had such a bad experience, hotdeserts. i hope it got resolved.

i've actually been parking at Park2Go for a while. their nightly charge is so much more reasonable than parking at EWR and the service is quick. i call when i get in from my trip and they pick me up within 10 minutes.

i actually stayed at Park2Go for two full weeks recently while i was away in south america and came home to find my car exactly the way i left it. i'm not surprised -- after years of using the service, i've definitely learned to trust them.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by evewhitney
i'm sorry you had such a bad experience, hotdeserts. i hope it got resolved.

i've actually been parking at Park2Go for a while. their nightly charge is so much more reasonable than parking at EWR and the service is quick. i call when i get in from my trip and they pick me up within 10 minutes.

i actually stayed at Park2Go for two full weeks recently while i was away in south america and came home to find my car exactly the way i left it. i'm not surprised -- after years of using the service, i've definitely learned to trust them.
Things may be better now, since you're resurrecting a thread that has its last post almost a year ago.

Welcome to FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.