Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first BF flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Talking My first BF flight - kosher on BF?

Hi all,

I hate to sound like a rookie (wait, no, I don't) but I just upgraded a TLV-EWR to R, and it'll be my first flight in any BF fare.
So, of course, I got a couple of question.

What's R? Compared to F and others?
I can't choose my seat online, and none is assigned as of today, is it normal or another co.com glitch?

Finally, I usually order a Kosher meal in coach, but I don't eat strictly kosher, meaning if I have more choice than just beef or chicken I should be fine.
Anyone can tell me what the BF kosher meal is like? (A loss of my money?).

That's it. I'll stop before I cry or - worst - make you cry.

Last edited by Benjh; Aug 11, 2006 at 6:43 pm
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I think its a loss of money unless you do it on the TLV-EWR part, they have special catering for that in J for Kosher.

R is just the inventory.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
I think its a loss of money unless you do it on the TLV-EWR part, they have special catering for that in J for Kosher.

R is just the inventory.
You mean I'll be attributed something else (J?Z? Jay-z?) sometime soon?
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:05 pm

Programs: NW Plat, CO Plat
Originally Posted by Benjh
You mean I'll be attributed something else (J?Z? Jay-z?) sometime soon?
R is the fare class used by CO to depict that you are travelling on an upgrade from Coach to BF (as opposed to paying BF fares like D or Z). Unless there are more glitched on CO.com, you should keep the R fare on your record, but you should get the same level of service as any other BF passengers.

Call CO to get a seat assigned asap. This is definetely another CO.com glitch

BF is definetely in another league than domestic F. Now, comparing it to other int'l Business class, I think BF is pretty good, but definetely not the best.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
If you haven't been in BusinessFirst before, you'll be impressed. Don't worry what letter they designate it as, that's essentially a housekeeping thing. You're in the front cabin with people who paid many thousands of dollars.

You can go onto continental.com and check the menu for the flight there. There are lots of options in BusinessFirst.

Have a great flight!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IC Amb, Citi Prestige
Hi all,

I hate to sound like a rookie (wait, no, I don't) but I just upgraded a TLV-EWR to R, and it'll be my first flight in any BF fare.
If you want to see some pictures of the Kosher food in BF from TLV - PM entropy and ask her politely to send you a link... (entropy, I hope you don't mind... )

BTW: When are you flying?
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Aug. 17th EWR->TLV in coach, with the cattle (listen to me, I sound so snobish already! ), and back the 27th, BF. I just got my seat by calling them (8B if you really want to know). Exciting stuff ^ ^

Side note: u guys know if I can access the EWR PC wearing shorts and flip flaps?
How bout TLV, any good lounge there (I'm staying at a Dan hotel, I know they have something, not sure what it's worth).

Thanks for the tips guys!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

pm coming in a minute.

you won't get to use the pclub in EWR. because you're not flying in BF.

in TLV you get to use the Dan lounge when you're in BF. Its quite nice. If you're not connecting to anywhere else in the US, I doubt they are restricting liquids on TLV-EWR, so I recommend buying 4 bottles of Castel Grand Vin or Margalit or Yatir, if they're still doing buy 3 get one free at the duty free in TLV, they are all fantastic. I also recommend, if you like Diet Coke, to swipe a bunch of glass bottled diet coke from the Dan lounge. it tastes better than US DC.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

you won't get to use the pclub in EWR. because you're not flying in BF.
I got a pass from the privilege pack Question stands: do I need a biz attire?

I also recommend, if you like Diet Coke, to swipe a bunch of glass bottled diet coke from the Dan lounge. it tastes better than US DC.
Drinking about 2 liters a day, I think I'd have a hard time "swiping" enough to last even the lenght of the flight! And personally, I like the french DC even more than the Israeli or US one. And don't start me on RC Cola!!!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a pass from the privilege pack Question stands: do I need a biz attire?
Unfortunately, no.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another thing: they have a nice Cappuccino maker on the B777's: if that's the sort of thing you like, you're set!
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Another thing: they have a nice Cappuccino maker on the B777's: if that's the sort of thing you like, you're set!
Gosh, how is it possible to get so excited about a cappuccino 2 weeks in advance?
I'm talking about myself, by the way
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh, how is it possible to get so excited about a cappuccino 2 weeks in advance?
I'm talking about myself, by the way
LOL I flew lots of times on B777's and B767's didn't even know they had the machines. I saw the small cups being served to some people and concluded they'd run out of normal mugs. I noticed them machine when I was waiting for the bathroom (the machine is in the galley, so don't panic!). So, I had my first Cappuccino on the way to the bathroom and took two cups back with me (one for a colleague).
Old Aug 13, 2006, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yeah, I wish they would remind people that they have the machines, I think they are underutilized.

But, The espresso is much better IN TLV
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:58 am

Programs: NW Plat, CO Plat
...and back the 27th, BF. I just got my seat by calling them (8B if you really want to know)...
!
Benjh, I am not familiar with the 777 BF seats, but according to seatguru.com, 8B can be bumpy as it's close to the lavatory and galley, so you might want to get another seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.