Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta takes on Continental / Sometimes size does matter...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta takes on Continental / Sometimes size does matter...

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
Originally Posted by sushibear
DL is not selling these as "premium" seats or at premium fares.
I think that's what I meant when I said...
Those slogans are going to make a great impression on corporate travel managers when you explain to them that you have no, nada, zero and zots business class seats to sell at any price.
... and ...

Their advertising is claiming a superior experience to CO's, but when it comes to selling that to premium-fare buyers, DL can't back it up.
... but I'll take this opportunity to say once again, DL's advertising (the subject at hand), which focuses on the diameter of the aircraft, is a lame distraction from the serious problem of not having a business class product.
Old May 18, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Engines turn
... but I'll take this opportunity to say once again, DL's advertising (the subject at hand), which focuses on the diameter of the aircraft, is a lame distraction from the serious problem of not having a business class product.
THey deliberately placed the all-Y service on routes that do not have a significant amount of premium demand (especially in the summer) such as Ireland (AA does the same with 757s between BOS and SNN). Also, as mentioned, the all-Y flights in the ATL-LGW and ATL-FCO markets are supplements to regular flights featuring a Business Class product in those markets (e.g., ATL-LGW has two other dailies operated by 2-class 763ER and 777s; ATL-FCO has another daily 2-class 763ER as well)
Old May 18, 2006, 4:38 pm
Suspended

dont forget that CO serves a number of Central American as well as other destinations on a Sat Only flight. It should be Daily against Daily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.