Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VERY Sad news regarding vincom

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 8:58 pm

Wow, I took couldn't believe my eyes when I read the news. You will be missed, Vincent! At 24, it's hard to associate death with people our age, so it truly is shocking. Condolences to BuddyPass and his family.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: Luckest hitchhiker ever! WN CSA/SMF
I'm very shocked as well, I can't believe that he's gone. Vincent was a good friend of mine. I'll remember the times at the Continental Meets and the Freddies this past weekend. He made my girlfriend felt welcome among a bunch of strangers last weekend. He will be missed by my girlfriend Alicia and I. Thanks for the great times Vincent!
Old May 4, 2006, 9:04 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Rest In Peace

What a horrible thing to happen to someone so young. I posted a joke on the DO thread about vincom, and I was wondering why a sly reply was not entered 30 seconds after my post.

I had the chance to meet vincom for a few minutes after I got knocked out of the poker game at the January '06 DO, and I was looking forward to talking with him in Newark in June.

So long, vinny.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Condolences to BuddyPass, and to Vincent's family and friends. He will be missed and mourned by all those - including FT - whose lives he touched and enriched.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by jaylenofan86
I'm very shocked as well, I can't believe that he's gone. Vincent was a good friend of mine. I'll remember the times at the Continental Meets and the Freddies this past weekend. He made my girlfriend felt welcome among a bunch of strangers last weekend. He will be missed by my girlfriend Alicia and I. Thanks for the great times Vincent!
I feel very lucky to have met Vincent, and extremely sad to hear of his passing.
My thoughts are with his family and friends tonight, and a special hug to you BuddyPass!

As Adam said, he was a very warm and inviting person and helped make me feel right at home last week.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by cova
Truly sad. I would hope that the "DO" dinner that Vincent organized for June 3rd at EWR will go on as planned - perhaps it can be a tribute to Vincent and his enthusiasm for FlyerTalk. Perhaps his family would want to come by and meet his FlyerTalk friends that have so much in common with his passion for airlines.
I'll be at his home this week, and I will let them know about the DO. I wish I could be there, but I have to be in town for work and I'm already taking off the week to be there with his family.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by CameraGuy
I just saw this thread in community about vincom passing away suddenly and felt it important to post a link here in the CO forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554939

I met Vincent at the first CO DO and thought he was a very bright young man. He will be missed.

Thank you very much for cross-posting this. I was too afraid to post it here since I didn't know what forum would allow me to leave this information. Didn't want the people who adhere to the rules to remove my post. I will post all the service information as the arrangements are finalized.

the services will be in NJ.

caleb
Old May 4, 2006, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by IAH_FLYER
Very sad.

I think it would be nice if someone could post a link to an obituary if possible.

hasn't been done. I'm helping his mom through the process, as I'm a funeral director.

Once it's all taken care of, all of you will be informed.

Vincom's "Special Friend"
Caleb
Old May 4, 2006, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by senatorgirth
My hopes are that he's been upgraded to infinite elite status in the big President's Club in the sky. A sad loss that puts all this silly FF stuff in perspective, doesn't it?
Oh, believe me....he has his Grey Goose and Cranberry in his hand.... I'm going to take his flyertalk baggage tag and put it in his casket with him in honor of all of you who made his life so much brighter every day!

caleb
Old May 4, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Very, very sad. I briefly met Vincent at both CO events, and coupled with the fact that there was hardly a thread without his presence, I'm sure I am not alone in saying Flyertalk, and especially the CO forum will feel alot different now.

I am about to say what noone else here has quite yet done, and I am sorry if it comes across as disrespectful. It is human nature to want to know why and how. I hope when and if it becomes appropriate, we can learn more details of this tragic event.

RIP
Old May 4, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Only the other week, Caleb, Vincent and I were hanging out together in PHX.

This is too surreal.

My thoughts are with you, Caleb, and Vincent's family and friends. If I can help you with anything here in town, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for posting.

:`-(
Old May 4, 2006, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
Only the other week, Caleb, Vincent and I were hanging out together in PHX.

This is too surreal.

My thoughts are with you, Caleb, and Vincent's family and friends. If I can help you with anything here in town, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for posting.

:`-(

Gotta love the hookah bar. Thank you very much for coming that night to spend time. There was a reason I begged you to come, even though it was "all the way in tempe"
Old May 4, 2006, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Old May 4, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Very sad to hear this (still unbelievable) news.
Although I'm new to FT (as poster), I enjoyed his posts for long time and was wondering his whereabout in past few days.

I'll forever regret the lost opportuniy of saying "Hmmm....so, you're Vincom!"

My thoughts and prayers to BuddyPass and vincom's family/friends.

RIP, vincom.
Old May 4, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.