Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Charity Poker Tournament at the Upcoming CO Event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charity Poker Tournament at the Upcoming CO Event

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:46 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by Derrico
If someone ironed out the prizes vs no prizes thing I am sure it would have a big boost in your RSVP list. Some might find it hard to imagine spending several hours of poker just for bragging rights. Part of the game is the possibilty of winning something. Just a comment..
We just can't do prizes. I am not going to jail! I already am paying out of my pocket $500 for the room rental. Just bragginbg rights.
However, after you get knocked out of the tournement if you want to start a small stakes cash game like last year, that is legal. Just no prizes.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
If someone ironed out the prizes vs no prizes thing I am sure it would have a big boost in your RSVP list. Some might find it hard to imagine spending several hours of poker just for bragging rights. Part of the game is the possibilty of winning something. Just a comment..
This isn't about prizes...it's about having some fun with your fellow FTers, but more importantly, it's about CHARITY...our turn to give something back to a very needy and deserving organization. Even if you are not planning on playing in the tournament, consider making a donation anyway ^ ^ ^
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by divrdrew
This isn't about prizes...it's about having some fun with your fellow FTers, but more importantly, it's about CHARITY...our turn to give something back to a very needy and deserving organization. Even if you are not planning on playing in the tournament, consider making a donation anyway ^ ^ ^
Yes I absolutely get the charity thing. I have nothing against that, but you had a concern about the numbers that had signed up. Just trying to help.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Even if you are not planning on playing in the tournament, consider making a donation anyway ^ ^ ^
I plan on donating if I do not end up playing.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by MBM3
I plan on donating if I do not end up playing.
I'm with Brad - poker not my thing, but I'll buy a drink and throw a $20 in the poker pot - if J.Edward wants to sponser Herr Bears with me then we could probably scare up another $50 If anyone wants to see a picture of Herr Bears in the back seat of xyzzy's car then pledge a 20 to Cigar and PM me
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Or

Or, I could sell you a story about MY UPGRADE FLIRT which may or may not be better than lawflyer's
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:42 pm

Or

OR, I could show select viewers my nifty bionic-looking brace that I won during the downhill skiing contest at A-Basin, personally inspected and pronounced gimpy by Mr. & Mrs. Old Gold in Tucson.

Last edited by wendyhamburger; Jan 19, 2006 at 7:45 pm Reason: oops
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:54 pm

Boy this could be one helluva party!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:02 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by wendyhamburger
I'm with Brad - poker not my thing, but I'll buy a drink and throw a $20 in the poker pot - if J.Edward wants to sponsor Herr Bears with me then we could probably scare up another $50 If anyone wants to see a picture of Herr Bears in the back seat of xyzzy's car then pledge a 20 to Cigar and PM me
Ah ha! WendyHamburger you beat me to a Herr Bears comment! But, the night of the NY miniDO was a good one - and an event I look forward to repeating (not to mention a prime example of how FT + Alcohol = Nothing Good )

But, as far as any purported picture of J.Edward, may I remind everyone that said picture was never a valid picture and was never offered to anyone, privately or publicly, by J.Edward, his affiliates or parent companies. As a reminder, offers, pictures and associated promotion codes are only valid if they are communicated to you by J.Edward.

Should you wish to keep said picture, than please send a reply email to your boker/financial advisor entitled "I hereby authorize a complete transfer of all personal assets to JEFEA” (see below)

Despite my total and utter lack of any poker skills whatsoever, I'm looking forward to visiting with all the great people I have met (and will meet next weekend) at the tournament. Last year it was a great time to smooze with others. Oopps! I mean become part of the FT Underground Elite who PM each other with their hoards to secret FT info!

Cigar's charity is great - much sounder than the J.Edward Foundation for Educational Advancement and, if I recall correctly, BigPoppa has some booze to buy too...

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 19, 2006 at 8:07 pm Reason: sp - as always
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:18 pm

And to think this year J.Edward will not have to sneak sips of our drinks like Spaulding of Caddy Shack fame....

Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:19 pm

And I prefer the M6 myself....or mayve the AudiR8 if I am still in dream mode.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:24 pm

Um... no offense to J.Edward

OTT - Over the top

Last edited by wendyhamburger; Jan 20, 2006 at 7:40 pm
Old Jan 20, 2006, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Yes I absolutely get the charity thing. I have nothing against that, but you had a concern about the numbers that had signed up. Just trying to help.
Thanks...
Old Jan 20, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Sounds like fun...I'll put on my Kenny Rogers costume.

How do I sign up?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 7:12 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Sounds like fun...I'll put on my Kenny Rogers costume.

How do I sign up?
PLEASE no male thongs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.