Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Euroflyer:
What, you think that's her "professional" name, like her stripper / pro-wrestler name or something?!

I can see the CO ads now: "Come out to Terminal C to meet Mary Butowski, a.k.a. "Chavon""!!!
</font>
That's her real name.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I'm no computer expert either, but I just click on "FlyerTalkers send this thread via email" at the top of the thread to get the relevant thread topic and URL.

See, e.g., Continental Really Cleaning out the Basement...Trying to Liquidate OnePass Miles
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46854

I've never run into Anita, either, but I actually don't go down to Guam that often anymore. I think I'd rather meet her.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 25, 2004 at 4:12 am Reason: revised link in "new" bulletin board format.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 3:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
I'm no computer expert either, but I just click on "FlyerTalkers send this thread via email" at the top of the thread to get the relevant thread topic and URL.</font>
Gracias, mi amigo! I'm now three-quarters computer literate.

By the way, doesn't Jimmy Buffet shout out the name "Chavon" in the beginning of his song, "The Weather is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful"?

Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
De nada.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:15 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Couple of years ago...
Ray Charles IAH-MSY in First
Mark Harmon IAH-SNA lurking around in coach...was row 15+, then on initial approach moved to an empty bulkhead seat for a "quick getaway"?

------------------
1999-2002 CO Platinium,
2003 CO Elite"Excess",
2004???
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:18 pm

Miguel Batista, the former Arizona Diamondbacks and new Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher was sitting in 3E on flight 1120 today, 2/16/04, IAH-PHX.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:41 pm

i sat next to geneveve (sp??) from Trading Spaces on HP phx-lax. she didnt say a word. the guy she met at the baggage claim was the host of junkyard wars.

also sat in a FC cabin completely full of WWF wrestlers. i dont know their names but I recoginze them on tv. I was the only non wrestler in FC. one even came up from coach and told me i had the worong seat. i showed him my boarding card and he went away. good thing he didnt try to beat my a**.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:58 pm

Sat across the aisle in BF on flight 15 EWR-HNL from Debbie Norville. I think she was on the Today Show years ago. This was last November and she was going to Hawaii to interview the young female surfer who lost her arm to a shark. She is a very tall lady.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:26 pm

Peter Jennings in F EWR-LAS back in Nov 2000. It was the day they stopped counting ballots in Miami. He was on the airfone constantly getting updates about what was happening on the ground - even told me what was going on. It was pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by NJLisa (edited Feb 16, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 9:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Ran into Marv Albert not too long after he got spanked for the whole dominatrix thing. He was w/his wife and his bad toupe. Ran into Hillary Swank at EWR at security. Looked like a skank, dirty jeans and all.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:36 pm

I've had a few celebs on my flights. I generally don't gush or even make conversation though unless they initiate - I'd hate to have to be 'on the clock' all the time like that, so I leave them be.

Spike Lee - the elderly woman next to him, upgraded from coach, had NO CLUE who he was - even came up to me in the galley later and mentioned "what a nice young black man he is, so courteous!"

Olympia Dukakis - VERY impressive woman

Marion Jones - a little miffed that I wouldn't/couldn't upgrade her friend after we'd taken off, but otherwise nice.

George and Barbara Bush + secret service

the 'red dress lady' white house reporter that had been there forever - lovely woman

a few assorted congressmen but no 'major players'

yo yo ma - he bought a seat for his cello and couldn't remember if it was supposed to be window or aisle...I joked and said, "Well it depends, does your cello have more miles than you?" hehe

Destiny's Child

Cleveland Indians - sports charter...boy those guys are 'thirsty' after they lose!

Handful of NFL players - can't remember names.

Hrm...there have been others, but I can't recall. I'm told Sandra Bullock flies us often out of Austin...a friend had Bill Clinton on a flight. Another had Ashanti. An acquaintance had Christopher Reeve on board (only his second flight since his accident!). A pilot I know sat next to Christopher Cross on a flight...was told that he wrote "Between the moon and NYC" while in a holding pattern into JFK. ;-) Another co-worker talked about serving Pam Anderson and Kid Rock - said both reeeeked of pot, and she wouldn't speak directly to the FA's and they're weren't to speak directly to her...they had to 'go through' Kid Rock. (Puhleaze.)

Always interesting up there. :-)

Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:03 pm

Almost forgot...I ran into (literally, RAN INTO) Jesse Jackson in IAH terminal C. Apparently he went to Houston to make some noise for the working guy after the Enron fiasco hit the fan...he's a tall man. It was crowded. I walked right into him!

In other flying-related sightings, I met Cher and Cyndi Lauper in Manchester, NH. They were staying at the same hotel that we were in after having done a concert the previous night, and were waiting for their limo to pull around.

Nice girls, both of em...Cher looks a bit "stick a fork in me I'm over-done" in person, but very cordial.

Non-aviation-related...formerly related to Joe Piscopo, seen/met Donnie Osmond, Frenchie from American Idol, Will Ferrel, Mayor Bloomberg, Katie Couric/Matt Lauer/Al Roker/other NBC morning folks...the ABC morning show folks (Diane Sawyer is TALL and GORGEOUS!), Soledad O'Brien from CNN, Christiane Amanpour (ate lunch next to her in CNN Center Cafeteria), spent about an hour on stage w/Meredith Vieira (did her game show recently and she's wonderful in person). Ummmm, others, can't recall.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Seen a couple:

David Copperfield last year (DTW - CMH - oops, that's NW metal)

David Robinson last August (HNL - IAH)

Dan Marino last spring in IAH President's Club C Terminal (don't remember which one though)
Old Feb 19, 2004, 4:38 pm

Charles Barkley in 1996, IAH-LAX. He was flying out for an appearance on the tonight show. (Ironically he took the handicap seat 1B)
Old Feb 20, 2004, 3:06 am

On Co I have seen, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Gwyn Paltrow and husband Chris, Sarrah Jessica Parker and husband Matthew Brodrick, Liza Minelli, Richard simmons, Laura Linney, Michael Douglas, Rose McGowan, Dionne Warwick, Isabella Rosalini, 50 cent,Paula abdul, LInda Evangelista, Whitney Houston, Kelly Osbourne,Joan rivers,Kathleen Turner, Susan Sarandon, william dafoe, NSYNC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.