Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Really Cleaning out the Basement...Trying to Liquidate OnePass Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Really Cleaning out the Basement...Trying to Liquidate OnePass Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

http://auction.continental.com/Scrip...7750&BatchNo=0

767-400 Delivery Flight Commemorative Item

Who buys this junk with miles? Unless you: (1) were on the flight, (2) work for continental, or (3) work for boeing, why would you want this thing?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:46 am

What's next? Are we going to bid our OnePass miles on 'panties worn by CO flight attendants' or plaques with individual quotations by Le Chairman - 'United has AIDS!', etc.? I know at least one person who would spend their NonePass miles for a trinket from the beloved Mao
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:27 am

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:

Who buys this junk with miles? Unless you: (1) were on the flight, (2) work for continental, or (3) work for boeing, why would you want this thing?
</font>
But if you were on the flight, you'd already have your own. Barring any accidents of course.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BackOfTheBus:
What's next? ...'panties worn by CO flight attendants'?</font>
Considering past posts from people drooling over the female flight attendants in the safety videos, I'm sure there would be several bidders!

Actually, the little glass globe thing isn't half bad, though I wouldn't bid more than about 500 miles for it.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cmdinnyc:
But if you were on the flight, you'd already have your own. Barring any accidents of course.</font>
agreed. i'm not saying anyone on the flight would bid in this auction. i am just wondering who would find this valuable other than the parties i listed.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:47 am

Did somebody say that Chavon's panties are on the auction block?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Euroflyer:
Considering past posts from people drooling over the female flight attendants in the safety videos, I'm sure there would be several bidders!

Actually, the little glass globe thing isn't half bad, though I wouldn't bid more than about 500 miles for it.
</font>
Are you sure BoftB was referring to female flight attendants?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SJU Abogado:
Did somebody say that Chavon's panties are on the auction block? </font>
I knew I wouldn't even have to bother doing a search before somebody would post that chick's name again! She has such a following, CO should let her write her own column in the inflight magazine on how she deals with her celebrity.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SJU Abogado:
Your content may shift around during the flight!
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 10-28-2003).]
Old Oct 27, 2003, 2:05 pm

Programs: US Gold, *A Gold, SPG Gold, ex-CO Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by apirchik:
Your content may shift around during the flight!</font>
Has she had a stroke or something? Ever notice that her face is completely frozen except for her lips when she talks?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I knew I wouldn't even have to bother doing a search before somebody would post that chick's name again! [Chavon] has such a following, CO should let her write her own column in the inflight magazine on how she deals with her celebrity.
It seems an awesome skill how she can actually enunciate so clearly and distinctly, with impecable diction, while all the time maintaining a huge full-mouthed smile of a width to match Julia Roberts's famous pearly whites.

Try it some time. It certainly isn't easy. No wonder the rest of her face appears frozen. She is employing all her facial muscles to the max to maintain that grin.

What persistence!

Above and beyond the call of duty. Fly right.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 25, 2004 at 4:06 am Reason: quoted font in "new" bulletin board format.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 8:14 pm

Why does the front of the globe depict Africa, when CO doesn't fly anywhere in Africa?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:06 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Well, as a verteran of a corporate P.R. department in another industry, I can see where there are cases where a new management team or fad comes in and suddenly an inventory of old stuff becomes surplused. If Gord retires or gets replaced, for example, there's probably a couple of pallets worth of "Worst to First" books they'll cut loose. Or maybe they'll change the name of the employee recognition program, or get a new ad slogan, or rewrite the mission statement. Any of that stuff tends to cause closets to be cleaned out in Houston, and guess where much of it might end up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.