EliteAccess s*cks at CLE

Old Oct 8, 03, 7:38 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

EliteAccess s*cks at CLE

Well I am glad I won't be travelling through CLE again anytime soon, but I needed to be here the last 4 weeks which required me to fly into CLE. The EliteAccess security line has been consistently slow. They only have one x-ray machine for all the elites. Jumping in the regular line with 6 functioning machines is definitly faster. I watched the non-EA passengers whiz through security even though there line appeared longer. Today at the ticket counter was the worst. They had only one agent working the EA line. I went up to the kiosk and she helping a couple (who were not EA) ticket a complex itinerary. I timed it and waited 15 minutes. I tried asking the red coat/and the other associates in the "regular" line a few stations down if they could help and they said only the EA girl could help me and I would have to wait. The EA line grew incredibly long. Needless to say EA is a big joke at CLE. My treatment has been pretty much the same each time. You are better off using the commoners line than the supposed "quick" EA security and ticket lines.

------------------
Rachel
CO - Platinum
Hilton - Diamond
SPG - Platinum
Old Oct 8, 03, 8:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prncess674:
Well I am glad I won't be travelling through CLE again anytime soon, but I needed to be here the last 4 weeks which required me to fly into CLE. The EliteAccess security line has been consistently slow. They only have one x-ray machine for all the elites. Jumping in the regular line with 6 functioning machines is definitly faster. I watched the non-EA passengers whiz through security even though there line appeared longer. Today at the ticket counter was the worst. They had only one agent working the EA line. I went up to the kiosk and she helping a couple (who were not EA) ticket a complex itinerary. I timed it and waited 15 minutes. I tried asking the red coat/and the other associates in the "regular" line a few stations down if they could help and they said only the EA girl could help me and I would have to wait. The EA line grew incredibly long. Needless to say EA is a big joke at CLE. My treatment has been pretty much the same each time. You are better off using the commoners line than the supposed "quick" EA security and ticket lines.

</font>
You are only the customer. You aren't really important to CO.
Old Oct 8, 03, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I've found that the "B" gate (Delta, Southwest, etc.) security line is almost always quicker than Continental's security line......
Old Oct 8, 03, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Gold, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, SWDgold, Choicepl, HYgld
I fly CO to/from CLE weekly and never have a problem. I can't believe how fast I get through. Monday I had a 5:15 and arrived at 4:45 made it all the way to C-24 in time for FC boarding call.
Old Oct 8, 03, 9:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arcolaio99:
You are only the customer. You aren't really important to CO. </font>
Well I am Plat on a full Y ticket. If you listen to the smoke CO is blowing you would think I am the customer who's a** they should be kissing.

Old Oct 8, 03, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, DL MM
The setups that some airports have where the elite's can bypass the queue of the masses, yet use the whole set of X-ray machine is much better IMHO. I guess those are mostly at non-fortress hub airports.

K
Old Oct 8, 03, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by coplatua1k:
...made it all the way to C-24 in time for FC boarding call.</font>
There's no FC on the ERJ.
Old Oct 8, 03, 9:23 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prncess674:
Well I am Plat on a full Y ticket. If you listen to the smoke CO is blowing you would think I am the customer who's a** they should be kissing.
</font>
I recommend avoiding being baited by the CO haters.
Old Oct 8, 03, 9:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lensman:
Originally posted by prncess674:
</font>
But that is a legitimate point. CO keeps saying they want only Y customers.

Old Oct 8, 03, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Is this the first week/month of Elite security lines at CLE? It took them a while to work out a good system at EWR. Well, admittedly they are still working it out...

But at EWR they do feed all security points from both the Elite line and the regular line. The Elite line almost always runs faster as a result because they hold up the regular line when the lines at the x-ray machines become too long but will feed Elites in regardless.

EWR also has some system where they send you over to some other checkpoint entirely when the line is too long and the line is shorter at the other checkpoint.
Old Oct 9, 03, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.

</font>
Hello Princess, you are confusing what the CO marketing department says and what the CO people on the ground know.
Old Oct 9, 03, 2:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lensman:
Originally posted by prncess674:
</font>
Lensmen let me throw you a bone:

Arcolaio was being sarcastic.
Old Oct 9, 03, 3:02 am

Prcs a blue carpet as window dressing to "reinvent" what the Elite program was already supposed to do does not a revolutionary sweep in the history of marketing make.

Sorry to break it to the marketing ninnies in Houston, but a poodle in a diamond studded collar is still just a ***** on a leash.
Old Oct 9, 03, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I fly out of and back through CLE every week and have never had to wait at ANY security line longer than 5 minutes. If this is too much of a hassle maybe it's time to hang up the boarding pass.
Old Oct 9, 03, 9:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fireworksboy:
I fly out of and back through CLE every week and have never had to wait at ANY security line longer than 5 minutes. If this is too much of a hassle maybe it's time to hang up the boarding pass. </font>
Why don't you just take a chill pill with the personal attacks. All I am saying is that the EA access at CLE is a joke. If they don't want to offer truely good service to those footing the bill then don't offer it. Don't hang the carrot in front of us and then not deliver on the promise. The EA security line and ticket line have consistently been slower than the "regular" line at CLE airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: