Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchanging Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2003, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Exchanging Miles

Hi is it possible to exchange continental miles between people. If so what are the costs/breakevens and how is it done.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 8:35 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vshah:
Hi is it possible to exchange continental miles between people. </font>
i don't think you can do it currently, but wasn't there a "promotion" in place a while back whereby you can combine with family members for a healthy fee?

Old Aug 28, 2003, 10:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i don't think you can do it currently, but wasn't there a "promotion" in place a while back whereby you can combine with family members for a healthy fee?

</font>

Yup, $5 per 500 miles with a minimum of 2,500 miles to be transferred. Not a bad deal IMO when it brings you up to an award. Certainly better than buying the miles directly from CO.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:12 am
Original Poster

The $5 per 500 miles - is that only for family members? Is this something I can do just by calling onepass? thanks in advance. I'm looking to transfer 100k miles I wonder if there are any break points.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 1:23 pm

I just got off the phone with one pass, and the current "promo" is to gift miles from one account to another at a rate of $32.00/1000 (robbery), however I just transfered 1000 in order to top off an account and transfer out 5K to Hilton which would have eventually been abandoned. I guess $32 for 10K Hilton pts isn't too bad.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
$32/1000 -- That's the same rate as they charge now when they sell miles!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 5:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vshah:
The $5 per 500 miles - is that only for family members? Is this something I can do just by calling onepass? thanks in advance. I'm looking to transfer 100k miles I wonder if there are any break points.</font>
It would cost you $1,000 to transfer 100K based on that promotion. I wouldn't personally pay that, but just use the 100K for an award or two.

The promotion runs annually, but expired a few months ago. A OP agent told me the usually run the promotion between March and May of each year.

And you can transfer between anyone's account. You just need the account number and PIN code.

[This message has been edited by cab747 (edited 08-29-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.