Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Were we always able to convert OnePass miles into Milepoint Rewards??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

In my insert that I received with my mileage statement, there was a notice that one could use OnePass miles via MilePoint so that one could redeem the miles for cruise or resort rewards. Was this always the case?

Milepoint values a OnePass mile a .02 cents, which many FT members do, as well.

Since all but the Platinum elites are usually not able to plan ahead for a standard CO air reward, would this be a good use of OnePass miles, since my alternative is to either wait to the last moment and pray that a standard mileage award is available to the area that I wish to travel, or use an EasyPass Reward.

Would this be a better use of my miles??

Thanx!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I have no idea how good of a value their travel products are, but I use Continental -> Milepoint all the time for gift certificates (specifically Amazon.com). I find Milepoint to be a bit of a shaky operation. I've never had a problem, but their website is really set up in an odd manner. Buyer beware with these folks... I wonder how long before they dot-bomb.

------------------
"We will not cut benefits from OnePass, our industry-leading frequent flyer program, because we remain committed to rewarding our most loyal customers."

-- Gordon Bethune (Continental's CEO) two weeks before significantly cutting benefits of the OnePass program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.