Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OMYGAWD... the final straw....ERJs bomb ABQ.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMYGAWD... the final straw....ERJs bomb ABQ.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
But some of us have markets (such as SDF) that are only served nonstop from NYC or PHL by the RJs and in order to get mainline jets, you need to connect at DTW or ATL, neither of which is a particularly appetizing alternative. It's becoming an incentive to maybe find a new business that involves only major markets.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:09 am

Location: Charlestown, Indiana - NW:Silver, Hilton:Silver, HI:Plat, Hertz:Gold
Welcome to my world (or at least what used to be my world). CO flys NOTHING but RJ's out of SDF (my home airport) now. I had been a very loyal CO FF until they made this change. No only are the planes less comfortable, you always end up in the "B" terminal and have to run your a-s off to get to your next flight. All of that is over now, I got NW to comp my status and will now be a loyal NW FFer. NW Regional Jets have a great FC and 75% of their flights are on larger aircraft. GOOD LUCK !
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:49 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Hahaha! Wrong airline!!!

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cbchicago:
If they would take one row out and give you a little more leg room it would make easier to endure. If they are worried about the loss of three seats, they could make more leg room on one side (A) and only have the loss of one seat. Moreover, I will take a NW DC-9 before I book and CO RJ.</font>
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Monitor, Homer.too:

SDF is my home airport and I am very, very happy with AA, even when I am on the short SDF-ORD ERJ flight or the SDF-STL (mainline offered as well) ERJ flights.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 9:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:
[b]But all along I thought I was safe with 6 daily 737s from ABQ to IAH. ABQ is not exactly Waco, Texas, you know! </font>
Try finding CO mainline service to STL or CVG -- two much, much larger metro areas. ABQ was pretty lucky to last this long.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by duxfan:
If you ever walk behind the curtain on a NW AVRO, you'll find more legroom than on a CO 737, and six seats in every row, except one, which only has 5, in order to have only 69 seats onboard.</font>
The Northwest RJ85s only have 5 seats across in most coach rows, with 4 across in 2 of the coach rows.

See here: http://www.nwa.com/travel/trave/seatm/arj/index.shtml
Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:03 pm

I understand why people at larger airports like EWR get upset over ERJs but in CLE I am just happy to be able to get a direct flight. If it takes an ERJ to make the route profitable so be it.

I am 6'1 and 175 and find the A rows to be fine for anything under 2 hours.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:29 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
You just wouldn't happen to be employed by ExpressJet Holdings Inc, would you RJSAREOK4ME?
Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL, AA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulo:
[b] "From NYC as well, and I can't tell you how many ERJ's I've done in the last year. (EWR-CVG, -MCI, -MKE, -GSO; LGA-CLE-DTW)

Eventually they will realize that we will tolerate these pups for shorter less well traveled routes where any service is better than none, but pax really won't stand for it on longer more competitive routes.

I think this strategy will come back to bite them in the arse."

You would know more since I don't live in NY, but I think it's just too big a market for tons of flights to be RJs. At least in the long term. Currently they can do that because the loads have been so light since 9/11 and will do so until they get the amount of pax they did in the 90's.

[This message has been edited by bk42 (edited 01-06-2003).]
Old Jan 6, 2003, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
That's gotta be just pure dumb luck, or you're always doing transcons or going over the pond. Watch out for the ERJ-XXXXLR!
</font>
Only ERJ I've seen in years is when I flew IAH-CHS-IAH early this year, which is shy of 1,000 miles. It's a little town (like most ERJ destinations) that is lucky to have jet service at all. I was fine with taking that route instead of having a connection halfway, etc.

It's not dumb luck -- it's just going to destinations that are large enough to be served by mainline aircraft.

My destinations in the last 6 weeks: LAX, PHX, ATL, NRT, JAX, TPA, IAH, AUS, GCM

Frankly, ABQ is a pretty ideal target for ERJ service if the traffic won't support a 737 or something.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:
In the recesses of my mind, I knew there were these things called ERJ's out there in the system somewhere - cause cigarman knows how to complain - and via postings here, has kept me informed of these things.

But all along I thought I was safe with 6 daily 737s from ABQ to IAH. ABQ is not exactly Waco, Texas, you know!

Well, I was thumbing thru the schedules today for a trip to Asia and the first and the last flights of the day are now ERJ's!!!

THERE'S NO F CABIN:

1#CO2134 Y3 H3 K3 B1 V0 Q0 T0 L0 ABQIAH 700A1000A * ERJ
6#CO2571 Y9 H9 K9 B9 V9 Q9 T9 L2 ABQIAH 430P 730P *8 ERJ 0

I guess I don't live in perfect WEDDED bliss anymore! And infact, I might be violantly ill sometime later today!

This isn't at all funny!

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 01-05-2003).]
</font>
But you forgot to mention the new improved (1) BusFirst Seat they are going to add on the RJs....unfortunately you wont be able to upgrade since it will be BusFirst not First and so they'll either be occupied by CO employees or they'll sit empty
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Homer.too:
Welcome to my world (or at least what used to be my world). CO flys NOTHING but RJ's out of SDF (my home airport) now. I had been a very loyal CO FF until they made this change. No only are the planes less comfortable, you always end up in the "B" terminal and have to run your a-s off to get to your next flight. All of that is over now, I got NW to comp my status and will now be a loyal NW FFer. NW Regional Jets have a great FC and 75% of their flights are on larger aircraft. GOOD LUCK ! </font>
How did you get NW to comp you based on your CO status???
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:38 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
I have two things to say about this.

1. A friend of mine was the CEO of a major airline. We were discussing regional jets. He described visiting a factory in Brazil where it seemed like "there were 2,000 people running around in circles." Bottom line: "Morally I couldn't justify buying that jet."

2. Charles Kuralt, writing of the EMB-120, said: "I used to live in Brazil. I know how they make things there."
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
ERJ or CRJ? I think it's the CRJ-700. I don't see how they'd configure a ERJ with F, CRJ being 2-2 would be more likely.
</font>
Don't know what was the case with HP, but I just read that LX is adding a business class cabin to its ERJ-145s between Switzerland and Germany. So it can be done.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by timf:
The Northwest RJ85s only have 5 seats across in most coach rows, with 4 across in 2 of the coach rows.</font>
Anybody have a pic link for an AVRO FC cabin?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:...it will be BusFirst not First and so they'll either be occupied by CO employees or they'll sit empty.</font>
What a hoot! Don't let the UA folds here about this... cause it'll surely be part of their next contract...if there is one.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 01-06-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.