Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gordon's Galley

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is there an upsurge of business during the holidays?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA *G
Doesn't the board have both employee/non-employee prices?
CO has given some very contradictory answers.. an e-mail I sent to them a while ago went unanswered.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:27 pm

Again, to clarify. Although many employees may not know this, and you may get challenged down there, this is not a secure area. There are no signs stating such, no card-swipes or key-codes are required. The doors exiting to the ramp ARE secure areas requiring a card swipe and the signs are posted near those doors. There are non-employee prices. Don't think they would have that if it were an employee only area. I just rode the elevator down with a PAX the other day. No big deal.

I must say however that I would be a little intimidated going down there as a non-employee. It's not exactly the food court with all those uniforms and badges.

Haven't had it in a while but the baked cod used to be top notch (Fri and Sat I THINK).
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they finally took down the 'Gordo' sign over the elevator at IAH. You can still go for the Continental merchandise, but it's now strictly an 'in the know' for general pax.

BN
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO OP Serf
So since they removed this sign (this is actually my first time hearing about this place), how does one know which elevator it is? Could someone maybe take a map of C and Photoshop in where it is or just provide written directions? Also, if asking a CO employee, do you think walking up to a pilot or FA would be a better idea than going up to a GA? I have kind of a long layover at IAH on Tues and figure that this'll make for some fun, being the CO nerd that I am. Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they finally took down the 'Gordo' sign over the elevator at IAH.
The sign was still up last Wednesday.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by thenewflesh
So since they removed this sign (this is actually my first time hearing about this place), how does one know which elevator it is? Could someone maybe take a map of C and Photoshop in where it is or just provide written directions? Also, if asking a CO employee, do you think walking up to a pilot or FA would be a better idea than going up to a GA? I have kind of a long layover at IAH on Tues and figure that this'll make for some fun, being the CO nerd that I am. Thanks.
It's in Terminal E and I think that is near Gate E-3.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: CO OP Serf
Originally Posted by ND Sol
It's in Terminal E and I think that is near Gate E-3.
Sweet. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:59 pm

The running joke is that it would be changed to: Larry's "Concessions"
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:29 pm

Once you get your food its sometimes fun to wait and wait and wait to pay for it, while the cashiers talk to their buds around the corner from the register. Its an iah experience not to be missed!

Last edited by mywifeisincoach; Dec 10, 2006 at 10:30 pm Reason: for fun
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
its never been a long wait for me.
I'm very much looking forward to some great Gordo's galley brisket on tuesday night!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by thenewflesh
Sweet. Thanks for the info.
I went down there this morning. It is next to E-4 (which happened to also be the gate my flight was departing from). The merchandise store's hours are listed as from 7:30a - 5:00p, but it was a little after 7:30 this morning when I was there and it wasn't open yet.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
There seems to be a resurgence of interest in this topic. Perhaps a helpful moderator could merge the duplicate ("redux") thread into this one?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has been reported in the duplicate thread that the public is no longer officially welcomed.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sorry I mistakenly bumped one of the two duplicate threads. Perhaps the others could be merged with this original?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.