Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying post-9/11 to/from PDX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Flying post-9/11 to/from PDX

Just got back from a circle trip pdx-iah-ord-cle-rsw-iah-pdx. Some observations:

pdx-iah-ord on 9/29: never saw the captain, cockpit door closed from boarding to deplaning. No one entered or exit the cockpit during the flight. Both flights 100% full

ord-cle-rsw 10/2: cockpit door never opened after pushback. Full flight

rsw-iah-pdx 10/7: cockpit door open during boarding, frequently opened during flight including delivery of drinks, meals, and sundaes to pilots. Both flights from iah-pdx oversold (11:45 by 4, 5:40 by 14!).

Conclusions from my limited experience:

1) CO's load factors to PDX are higher than before 9/11 (hope they reinstate the flights they cut).

2) Tighter security will ease as familiarity breads contempt.

3) Reinforcing cockpit doors will not have much effect since hijackers can just wait for the next 'delivery' to the cockpit to gain access.

[This message has been edited by pdx_dr (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:56 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
1) PDX loads were always good. thats why I keep hoping for CLE-PDX service! just another reason to avoid NW if that happened.

2) I agree 100%. just like during the gulf war, the concourses will be reopened again. 6 months tops. can't wait 'til it happens. i really miss someones nana standing in the way as i deplane because she's looking for her grandchild who is seated way in the back of coach.

3) Until the FAA says "doors closed, from b4 boarding until after the last pax deplanes at destination", you'll get the swinging door. sadly, it will probably take more body bags to get the FAA to change....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.