Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR-DUB $262

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2001, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
EWR-DUB $262

This fare appears to be available Mon-Thur until Dec 16. With Aer Lingus pulling out of EWR and DL stopping JFK-DUB, the fares to DUB will most likely skyrocket now that CO has a monopoly. If you ever wanted to see Dublin, do it now. I doubt we will see fares this cheap for a loooong time.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 5:46 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vulcan:
EWR-DUB $262
</font>
Holly cr*p!

Old Oct 5, 2001, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
EWR-SNN is pricing out the same. Anyone who has not been to Ireland, GO! It is a wonderful place.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 6:42 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JNelson113:
Anyone who has not been to Ireland, GO! It is a wonderful place. </font>
I'll certainly second that-- as if it needs it. I went for a brief visit during this year's BonusMileageMania and had a grand time-- just around Dublin. The cab drivers alone were worth the trip-- super-friendly w/ tons of cursing.

If anyone gets the inkling to do a 'lil trip over there, count me in. I'd love to see the countryside even more so.

Old Oct 6, 2001, 6:54 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Has anyone checked what an upgradeable fare is??? (under the new Oct 1 rules...
Old Oct 6, 2001, 7:20 am
Original Poster

mauld:
It looks like $878, which is a K fare (vs. the $448 it would have been with a V fare prior to Oct 1).
Old Oct 6, 2001, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Rif Raf (Defrocked 1K), CO Lead (Former Plat), QF Bronze
Unfortunately, those fares go through the roof west of NYC!

------------------
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." --P.J. O'Rourke
Old Oct 6, 2001, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dunno, both yesterday and 10 min ago on www.travelocity.com a Virgin Air CO non-stop code share LAX-LGW RT was $416. IMHO a really nice deal and non-stop to boot. Or do a LAX-EWR RT for $178 connecting to a EWR-LGW RT for $281 on CO metal. Again a really nice deal.

I have never seen it cheaper for Oct travel. BTW the above fares seem good for Oct Nov and Dec 2001. I just priced to LGW not DUB. I sometimes use EasyJet or RyanAir outta London. Usually nvolves another airport though.

MisterNice
Old Oct 6, 2001, 9:40 am
Original Poster

While there looks like minimal availability if you use the CO website, I tried ITN. Apparently, the only requirement is a 4 day stay. ITN gave me the 262 price routing me through LGW or Birmingham on CO connecting to Aer Lingus or others in the UK. There was plenty of availability Oct 24-28, as wll as manu other dates, if you are willing to make the connection.
Old Oct 6, 2001, 10:31 am
Original Poster

for those going to DUB and looking for a hotel, be sure and check Shery's Priceline Board under Europe (UK)). A perfectly acceptible (to me) *** hotel, Jury's Custom House Inn, on the river, has come in at about $55 US/nite. This is a good price for a nice hotel in a good location.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...opicID=3.topic
Old Oct 8, 2001, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Routing through LGW, and connecting to a BA codeshare(Aer Lingus metal) this trip is now pricing out at $250. with good availability for Wed-Sunday trips. Outstanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.