Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need advice...???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A woman who truly knows the value of Elite status is a woman to be treasured. You owe her big time and in the future, whenever there is only one upgrade seat available, you better remember who gets it. Congratulations on the new addition and also, congratulations for your excellent selection of a spouse.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:09 am

pointman, would your wife happen to have a sister

Congrats on the newone

[This message has been edited by iwantanupgrade (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old Sep 6, 2001, 5:19 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pointman:
UPDATE- I guess I may be able to make this run after all. At 7:40 pm tonight, my wife had an emergency C-section and our new daughter was born. Luckily, I was in the area when I got the call, but I still just barely made it in time. Both will need to rest in the hospital for at least four days, so if after Friday they are doing good, I may try to take the flights, although now I have no desire whatsoever to leave. </font>
Congratulations!

Is this your first child? Speaking from experience, if you are going to leave your wife and newborn daughter to go on a mileage run, try to make some friends while you're out there because you probably shouldn't come back home. Ever.

Your wife may have said she wouldn't mind, but do keep in mind the hormones and emotions going crazy for her during this time. DON'T DO IT.
Old Sep 6, 2001, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe someone can call Dr. Laura and see what she says?

Now I have this story to tell when people say I am too into frequent flyer miles...

Steven

Old Sep 7, 2001, 7:21 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
At least Mr. and Mrs. Pointman know what their priorities are.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm happy to report that everything went fine and my marriage is still intact.
Note: things would have been entirely different if I had decided to go AFTER we knew the baby was comming early. The fact that I had purchased this ticket months earlier was my saving grace. WHEW!
I stayed with them for a day and a half and then I enjoyed a quick round trip while wife and baby slept comfortably at the hospital.
Unfortunately, baby is still in intensive care as she was about 4 weeks premature, but she's doing good and will likely be able to come home in a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.