Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Arrival Lounge in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA gold, AA Plat, HHonors diamond, DL DM
Air France Arrival Lounge in CDG

On my last trip to CDG, the Business First concierge offered an arrivals lounge pass good for use at the AA arrivals lounge. AA has closed is arrivals lounge in CDG, but I see that Air France has an arrivals lounge which is available to other Sky Team passengers arriving in First or Business Class. Has anyone used this lounge? How accessible is it to passengers arriving on CO?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
The AF Arrivals Lounge is in 2C just after the passageway from 2A (turn right upon exiting the passage and it's in the corner just to the right of the check in counters). They have about a dozen shower cubicles (with a clothes pressing service), a small area for TV watching, a small "business" area with one computer, a rack with newspapers and magazines (mostly in French but a few in English), an area with small tables for eating snacks (they have juices, an espresso machine, and a few items for a continental breakfast--cereal, cold cuts, cheese, poached eggs, fruit, croissants, bread), a smoking room, and a small room with three massage chairs. Personally, I think the breakfast is better than what I get on board, but I like proscuitto and swiss cheese sandwiches very much. It's open from 5am to 2pm. More info can be found by doing a search in the AF forum. The big question is whether or not they've opened up the lounge to include CO. Last time I was there (January) the sign on the door said it served AF and DL (but then the AA lounge was still open at that time).
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:19 am

I was told by a BF concierge in December that very possible CO was going to contract with a hotel rather than use the AF lounge however, nothing was decided at that time.

Dan
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:28 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I have a CO BF ticket (IAH-CDG), and then an AF FC ticket (CDG-MUC) booked, and the CO rep told me that any SkyTeam member is eligable for the arrivals lounge. I think that there's a business lounge as well, might be a bit nicer.

Here you go: http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfok.0
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:52 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, SK *G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
I was told by a BF concierge in December that very possible CO was going to contract with a hotel rather than use the AF lounge however, nothing was decided at that time.

Dan
Hi. I'm travelling on CO to CDG next month in BF, with a connecting flight on AF. Does CO offer an arrivals lounge these days?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Here's a thread that will answer your question. It seems you can used the CDG AF lounge at 2A. From the post, I think you should have your BP reprinted at EWR or IAH before you leave!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
mmm ... The AF lounge 2A is a departures lounge only. The only AF arrivals lounge (before satellite S3 opens next year) is the landside lounge in 2C, different and separate from the airside 2C departures lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
There's a very long sticky thread on the Flying Blue (Air France + KLM) forum that goes into a lot of detail on Air France's arrival lounge in 2C. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...arrival+lounge

We used it last week. Basic impression was that it was very small and claustophophic compared to AF's departure lounges at CDG. That said, the showers were state of the art and they had really nice amenity kits with L'Occitaine products, also decent breakfast snacks.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
It's AF Terminal 2C lounge

I flew BF EWR-CDG in December 2005. The BF concierge never met me upon arrival, but the reflective-orange-coated person running the jetbridge was helpful in explaining that I had access to the AF Arrivals lounge at term 2C.

My CO flight landed at 2A, so I had to do customs & get my bag, then it was a quick walk to the next terminal where the AF arrivals lounge is easily located outside security. The lounge desk folks were nice and recorded my name from my boarding pass showing CO C/J/Z class and I was in. (They had some security issue and made me roll my bag around instead of putting it in the closet.... I can't remember why, it might have been a language thing I missed.)

As noted earlier, it's a great lounge. Nice breakfast, including meats & cheeses, espresso machine, etc. The great shower rooms and nice L'Occitane kit was exactly what I needed after 2 long connections to get to CDG. There is also an iMac or two with free internet access, but alas the keyboard in French layout so it was tough going for me to use.

Be sure to check out the CDG sticky in the AF forum, it's very very helpful and CDG is no piece of cake to transit.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Anyone used the arrival lounge at CDG lately? Would like an update.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, the lounge is still there and you still have access as a BF passenger.
I'm sure there's more info on the lounge itself in the AF forum.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Anyone used the arrival lounge at CDG lately? Would like an update.
I used it in August '06; does that count as "lately?"

No difference from nroscoe's post and what I experienced.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Still in non-sterile 2C, I had discussions with the AF people as I will be transiting in Oct.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I used it in April of this year for a croissant, capacino, and a shower -- all very nice.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
In the summer it can be hot and humid beyond belief. Once, I was barely dressed after the showering before I was soaked in sweat again. The last time I used the arrivals lounge, I found it helped to use as little hot water as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.