Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice customer service recovery

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2000, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Nice customer service recovery

Mrs. motnot did not get credit for a canceled HP flight she had at the beginning of the month. I called OPSC late last week, and the agent processed everything she apparently needed to know. It would post in 24 hours, she said. Great!

Well, that didn't happen. In fact, it still hasn't posted. So earlier today, I called the OPSC again and again explained the situation. The agent this time said there was no trace of anything being done last week. Hmm. So he tried to do the same thing, only the computer wouldn't have any of it. (Perhaps she did put it in, so the computer wouldn't take it again?) He said they'd been experiencing tech problem that morning. But, he says, she can still get credit, he'll just have to do it manually, which will take the dreaded 6-8 weeks.

I proceeded to explain to him that we'd prefer to avoid this, since, after Mrs. motnot returns tomorrow from her current trip, she will be just a few hundred miles short of Silver elite, and her missing miles would make all the difference. And since she has a trip with me in about 4 weeks, she'd really like to have those benefits. I asked for a supervisor.

He puts me on hold, then comes back and asks me her current itinerary, then puts me on hold again, presumably so his supervisor can do the math to see that Mrs. motnot will qualify for elite.

When he returns again, he says they've granted her elite status as of now, so she shouldn't have any problem for her CO flights next month. Talk about a surprise! Will make a nice birthday present for Mrs. motnot tomorrow on her flights back home. I thanked him very much and hung up.

Then later, about 6:30 p.m., I called the elite line and got her upgraded on tomorrow's NW flights. I didn't know if I was calling too early or not, but it apparently wasn't a problem. (The fact that there were 8-9 F seats open on each flights didn't hurt, I'm sure.)

Anyway, CO did a fabulous job in the area of customer service, which is usually their forte. If there is an award strictly for customer service, I would definitely not:
www.denycontinentalthefreddie.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.