Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business First to Chile

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 1999, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Business First to Chile

I have had conflicting information about CO's front cabin service to Santiago, Chile. I assume the DC10 aircraft used is similar to the ones used to Europe and other destinations where BF exists. Thus the seating, etc. should be to BF standards.

Will anyone who has flown this destination in the past few months let me know how this service compares with BF on the rest of the international system.

Also, does CO have any FF seats in F-class into Newark from the midwest. I've been unable to book that class for a connection, even though my trans-Atlantic and South American flights have been confirmed in F or BF.

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 1999, 7:24 am
Original Member

I havent flown this route, but according to the seat map for that route, its a DC-10 with a BF cabin.

As for BF into EWR domestically, the only ones I've seen are from Houston and from Orlando, where they do run some DC10's and 777's. I've heard rumors that CO has a few 757's with BF seats(16 rather than the typical 24 FC seats) but I havent seen any of them myself.
Old Oct 1, 1999, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
CO does have 757s with the BizFirst configuration. However, they are usually used on EWR-West Coast runs that continue on to European runs (e.g., CO 36 SFO-EWR-LIS). Best way to check is to use the CO website and check the flight status, seeing if the flight and aircraft both continue int'l.

As for confirming frequent flyer seats in F class, they generally hold seats out of F class until a few days before the flight. You should check back occasionally, and then about 5-7 days before (so that you're ahead of the automatic upgrade rush).
Old Oct 1, 1999, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the hint about checking back 5 days prior to travel to see if any F-class seats have become available on my connection into EWR. (Forgot about elite upgrades kicking in, even though I do it all the time on my regular carrier.) Did manage to change the NW flight back from EWR to MSP when I got notice of a sked and aircraft change (DC10 from a 320) the other day. Called and got moved into F -- all of my itinerary will be in F/BF except for the MSP-EWR on either NW or CO. Though it seems an awful pain and bureaucratic silliness that I have to return the ticket to NW, redeposit the points, and draw them out again to be reticketed in F-class for this flight...
Old Oct 6, 1999, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
CO does use BF configured 757s on South American and European routes. Occasionally they need to use a domestically configured airplane and the BF passengers are
handsomely cash compensated ($500 per head)in that case.
The comfort difference is not a big deal (especially on the coming-home redeye when you've already seen all the BF movies that were worth seeing) because sleeping in the domestic FC seating is a old acquired skill for most of us. The $500 trade off is a good one for this flyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.