Wiki Posts
Search

What Does HK1 Mean?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 9:53 am
Original Poster

What Does HK1 Mean?

Purely curiosity...

After a recent bump a CO agent at IAH printed out our itinerary on the dot-matrix printer. It included a column which showed "HK1" for each segment. This in addition to the column which usually contains OK and REQ????

2 Years ago MissBumpMe! and I ended up being bumped because a DL agent said "We have to get the HKs on board."

What are they talking about HK? HK1?
Old May 12, 2004, 10:26 am

Programs: CO
HK is a term used to determine the status of the booking, I always refered to HK as Hold Konfirmed (i.e. ticketed and booked) there are other status to indicate Stand-by, and non-rev/employee reservations but I dont know what they are. This is also followed by the number of people (for example HK1 referes to one person, HK4 refers to 4 people). There is no other higher or perfered status then HK that I know of.
Old May 12, 2004, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ifly12
HK is a term used to determine the status of the booking, I always refered to HK as Hold Konfirmed (i.e. ticketed and booked) there are other status to indicate Stand-by, and non-rev/employee reservations but I dont know what they are. This is also followed by the number of people (for example HK1 referes to one person, HK4 refers to 4 people). There is no other higher or perfered status then HK that I know of.
Konfirmed?
Can anyone else 'konfirm' this?
Old May 12, 2004, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Agree

HK1 = Holding Confirmed with the digit indeed meaning the number of seats in this res.

If your res should say RQ1 that means that they are requesting a seat for you and you are on some sort of waiting list, but not entitled to a seat assignment.

by the way, the class of service...Y or F or V T K etc. is printed right after the flight number. So for example your res could say:

CO 126Y 28May SEA-IAH HK1
CO 126F 28May SEA-IAH RQ1

meaning you are confirmed in a coach seat but waitlisted (RQ) in First Class.

Clear?
Old May 12, 2004, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Wink

From my memory back in my AA gate agent days 1983 - 1995 ...

HK = hold confirmed
PN = pending. Other airline shows availability but has yet to respond as HK
UC = unable to confirm .. other airline said no go to HK
WL = waitlisted.. ticketed, HK not avail, on list to change to HK if/when able
NS = no show, all downline segments auto cancelled
UG = upgraded due operational reasons, no bonus miles
DG = downgraded due operational reasons, refund due
NN = need.. pretty please, can I have it ? Responds back as PN, UC or HK
SS = force sell.. responds as HK (agent must have the authority in their record & only works for the agt's airline)
DS = desires.. pax may show up w/ticket but is not HK
MM = mealist.. employee nonrev, create a PNR and plan for meal & weight/balance but don't remove seat from inventory

Many others. Some may be AA specific. Some are "request" types, other are "status" types. Some are "interim" types, ie: there's another code for "unable to confirm" than UC and it means the passenger has been advised ... don't remember it cuz usually you cancel the requested segments and try something else.

Trivia...
To request a First Class seat on American flight #9001 from New york Kennedy to Los Angeles on June 31, the entry is (on Sabre .. and it's similar thruout the airline industry):
0AA9001F31JUNJFKLAXNN1
(it's funny how today, 10 years after leaving, I still abbreviate the word "need" as "NN")

Newer programs just give the agent a mask to fill in. Faster training, but slower time processing the passenger cuz you have to "tab" to each data field. For those agents who know (were given the training), the "native" program and its cryptic (but one-step) entry was actually much quicker.

And if the above "NN" request came back as HK (and for simplicity say that you already have a ticket on United and it's transferable to AA), I could finish your reservation (it's actually called a PNR - Passenger Name Record) with:
-JONES/ROBERT&9817-555-1234&7T-&E

Sorry I went on-and-on .. it was fun pulling this stuff outta my head
Old May 12, 2004, 9:47 pm

Programs: Ex-CO Silver
Originally Posted by steve64
To request a First Class seat on American flight #9001 from New york Kennedy to Los Angeles on June 31, the entry is (on Sabre .. and it's similar thruout the airline industry):0AA9001F31JUNJFKLAXNN1
You may be able to request a First Class seat, but you won't get it.... there is no such thing as June 31.
Old May 12, 2004, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steve64
From my memory back in my AA gate agent days 1983 - 1995 ...

HK = hold confirmed
PN = pending. Other airline shows availability but has yet to respond as HK
UC = unable to confirm .. other airline said no go to HK
WL = waitlisted.. ticketed, HK not avail, on list to change to HK if/when able
NS = no show, all downline segments auto cancelled
UG = upgraded due operational reasons, no bonus miles
DG = downgraded due operational reasons, refund due
NN = need.. pretty please, can I have it ? Responds back as PN, UC or HK
SS = force sell.. responds as HK (agent must have the authority in their record & only works for the agt's airline)
DS = desires.. pax may show up w/ticket but is not HK
MM = mealist.. employee nonrev, create a PNR and plan for meal & weight/balance but don't remove seat from inventory

Many others. Some may be AA specific. Some are "request" types, other are "status" types. Some are "interim" types, ie: there's another code for "unable to confirm" than UC and it means the passenger has been advised ... don't remember it cuz usually you cancel the requested segments and try something else.

Trivia...
To request a First Class seat on American flight #9001 from New york Kennedy to Los Angeles on June 31, the entry is (on Sabre .. and it's similar thruout the airline industry):
0AA9001F31JUNJFKLAXNN1
(it's funny how today, 10 years after leaving, I still abbreviate the word "need" as "NN")

Newer programs just give the agent a mask to fill in. Faster training, but slower time processing the passenger cuz you have to "tab" to each data field. For those agents who know (were given the training), the "native" program and its cryptic (but one-step) entry was actually much quicker.

And if the above "NN" request came back as HK (and for simplicity say that you already have a ticket on United and it's transferable to AA), I could finish your reservation (it's actually called a PNR - Passenger Name Record) with:
-JONES/ROBERT&9817-555-1234&7T-&E

Sorry I went on-and-on .. it was fun pulling this stuff outta my head
Very good info, all around.
Thank you everyone!

Why HK for Confirmed?
Why not, oh I don't know... HC, though?
Old May 13, 2004, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 1P, DL SM
Originally Posted by whiteknuckles
You may be able to request a First Class seat, but you won't get it.... there is no such thing as June 31.
There's also no such thing as AA 9001- which is why I thihnk he used it as an example...
Old May 13, 2004, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
what is Status OK...like I always used to see on Paper Tickets?
Old May 13, 2004, 11:24 pm

OK = HK

OK on a paper ticket is the same as HK in a reservation.

P.S. to Steve64 - Sabre and DLTerm sound a lot alike.
Old May 15, 2004, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This thread brings back good memories of my days as a Reservations Sales Representative for UA at SFORR as I began law school (at night).

See My visit to the old UA Call Center in San Francisco
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111440

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.