Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Old Continental...new United, equals same old treatment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Continental...new United, equals same old treatment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by circuitdogg
I have been booking tickets at continental.com for the past years expecting my 500 bonus miles for booking at continental.com to appear in my account before the merger, I am now being told thats an old promotion and I will not get them in spite of this still being active on the website,
Where do you see this, and if you have this info, and felt ripped off, why have you waited YEARS, to make the call??? Please post the 500 bonus for others to see!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
[QUOTE=wpr8e;18065030]
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
What is the "s" in sUA?[/QUOTE

This is why I'm very very suspicious of most of the posters on this site. These are all internal monikers within UA and CO. The only people who would know the sCO and SUA designations would be internal employees, former employees, or people directly involved in merger activities.

I mean come on. We have "claimed" 1K passengers who know more about the RES entries in SHARES but claim to just being a customer. There's no way they're just passengers. No way.

So be very leery of who's posting on here. The vast majority negative 'experts' are way too knowledgeable (without actually being objective) to what's happening to not be close to the merger.

And you know who you are....I really wish current employees and former UA employees would quit crapping on virtually every post about how much better UA did things.
Really??? Take a deep breath and let's talk about people who have participated on this forum for years. As a long time 1K (now PPlat) I have seen many screen shots, spoken with various GAs and station managers, and I have friends who are travel agents.

Your comments are just ignorant. Maybe sCO peeps didn't get this information from the super secret Shares system, but after years of discussions no doubt many of us have some insight.

Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by aacharya
It's okay - let the tinfoil GS continue thread-baiting and calling us all Insiders. It's like the 2MM flier next to me
who was amazed that I knew where he was on the upgrade list since I could pull up the upgrade list on my smartphone....
I mean my company-issued SHARES device.

And then insisting to me that the 753 we were on was "sUA" since it didn't have AVOD. Even though I pointed out there was no E+.
Amazing, isn't it?

Obviously, a major conspiracy here......
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
It turns out, it's pretty easy to find things out if you're good at making small talk.
That is so true. I'm surprised how much info agents will divulge.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by wpr8e
Well if guess GS and 150k BIS last year doesn't count as flying much.
That's about what I flew last year (144k across all carriers). How did you spend your time in airports?

As an example, consider for a moment the times where I've been in p.s. C and saw a potential oversale. I could have stuck around the RCC for an extra few minutes before boarding; but generally, I've headed to the gate an hour before departure to look into being VDB'd. Until things get busy, it's pretty easy to strike up a conversation while I consider what my reroute options are. Plus, a bit of rapport and demonstrated knowledge of how things work can go a long way in these situations.

Originally Posted by wpr8e
You look at screens? Seriously? I never once gone around the desk, and even when I've looked over a shoulder of an agent, there's no way to know a lay person would ever know what they were seeing, or know the entries, to be of any value.
I've asked questions. I've gotten answers.

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
That is so true. I'm surprised how much info agents will divulge.
I imagine most of the time, they're happy to have a plesant conversation with a customer rather than being berated by someone with (insert unreasonable complaint here).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.