Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Maximizer Guesstimate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Elite Maximizer Guesstimate

I have an international booking in September.

Currently Elite Maximizer is at $0.10 (20000 EQM/$2000). So... how long do we think this price will hold before climbing? Or will it drop? Want to know when to pull the trigger (if at all).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
That's a tough call.

I would assume management thinks the higher price they have now vs. last year will maximize the profit from the program, and they are watching this year's revenue to see if that's true. This is further complicated by the 3/3 merger, which will open the program to all rather than just those booking on CO.com.

I have been working on the assumption that there will be some point during the year that management will be looking for a little revenue/cash bump and run a sale. I am counting on the assumption that somebody on FT will notice and notify the rest of us.

Last edited by coolcoil; Feb 22, 2012 at 8:10 am Reason: fixed minor typo.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by coolcoil
That's a tough call.

I would assume management thinks the higher price they have now vs. last year will maximize the profit from the program, and they are watching this year's revenue to see if that's true. This is further complicated by the 3/3 merger, which will open the program all rather than just those booking on CO.com.

I have been working on the assumption that there will be some point during the year that management will be looking for a little revenue/cash bump and run a sale. I am counting on the assumption that somebody on FT will notice and notify the rest of us.
I think that is a fair analysis and assumption. I "second that emotion".

Safe Travels
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I'm currently getting 15.5c/mile for LAX-MCO
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:00 am

it seems to have gone up again
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Plus in the next 7 months maybe you'll have other travel that you'll need to schedule and won't need those (or all of those) EQM. You could also book some mileage runs at lower price per mile sometime over the next 10 months.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
Plus in the next 7 months maybe you'll have other travel that you'll need to schedule and won't need those (or all of those) EQM. You could also book some mileage runs at lower price per mile sometime over the next 10 months.
assuming the on-going schedule changes don't make some ticketed MRs impossible, i have two in the range of 2 and 1.85 c/EQM and get to see PDX 2x! i have the time and am otherwise not so encumbered so i can actually do these.

Last edited by eleeut; Feb 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm Reason: amatuer c/EQM mistake
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Not a chance I am spending any more than 4.5c/EQM -- which it has been generally priced at since it's debut.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
good advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.