Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Ticket - Star Metal - How to get Locator codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AE

I booked star alliance flights via continental. I need to go to the airline whose metal is flying me to set seat assignments. Unfortunately, the continental locator number is no good. How do I get the locator numbers specific to the airline that is flying me?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by rawilliam
How do I get the locator numbers specific to the airline that is flying me?
You have 2 options: (1) Call the airline you are actually flying and give them the flight number and date and they should be able to give you the confirmation number. They should also be able to make the seat assignments for you since you are already on the phone with them. (2) Call CO, give them the CO confirmation number and they should be able to give you the confirmation number for the airline you are flying. There are some exceptions to this, in my experience. TG does not send the confirmation number across to CO so asking CO for the TG confirmation number will get you nowhere. I have always ended up calling TG and asking the confirmation number from them.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by SunBurntCountry
TG does not send the confirmation number across to CO so asking CO for the TG confirmation number will get you nowhere. I have always ended up calling TG and asking the confirmation number from them.
I've had CO give me LH locators without a problem - and those are same as TG (both use amadeus). Not sure if it's just an issue of not recognizing it, or something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.