Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on seats 32ABC on 772

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Question on seats 32ABC on 772

I am going to travel EWR - PEK and currently all 32 ABC are open. I read some old threads and it seems most people are in favor of seats 32 AB over 32C. Is it because the cart or other people may bump into your feet when sitting in 32C? How much of exit door intrusion for seat 32A? Would 32B be the beat one among 32ABC?

Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The door protrudes. It's not like a bulkhead, and you can put your feet on it or to the side, and you still have extra legroom, but it's not unlimited like C is. I've never had a problem with the cart when in C. I'd take C. Never did B, so I can't tell you if it's better than A, but I don't see how a middle seat can be better.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I like seat A
there is some protrusion from the door but you can certainly put your feet around it quite easily
Never had a problem with carts in C
B is probably the best middle seat in the house.....

The seat next to the door is usually chillier;
Sometimes people tend to congregate in that area in front of the seats but never really had a big problem; I wear ear plugs or bose headsets.

Unless you are Elite, these seats cost more $
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I did FRA-EWR in 32A. My biggest complaint is that the window is aft of the seat, so you must either remove your head and hold it in your hands to look out, OR wait until you're "allowed" to recline your seat (10,000 foot dings).
The slide was not an issue for me. It's kinda further away than people often indicate... and it's curvier than the pack on the 747, which is truly a problem for the window seat passenger.

Any seat in this row is a very comfortable seat. I still prefer the window, because I like to look out.
That said, the last row (44, I believe) is also pretty nice- only two seats, and back here, you can see the contrails coming out of the engine, if conditions are right for those to form! And, at least when I've flown, the cabin crew put leftover meal supplies on a shelf near row 44 (rolls, candy, etc).
But for legroom on a long flight, I'd go for 32.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Agreed on 44. I really like the aisle seat there. You have more room to put your legs out to the side without putting them in the aisle, and the 2 seats is a big plus. Problems of people crowding for the lavs (as seen on SeatGuru) are exaggerated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.