Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How do I get a receipt for an upgrade copay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

On a return trip Friday BCN->EWR I paid the $300 copay + 20K miles for a BusinessFirst seat. (My company requries coach travel but my boss OK'd the relatively small amount for the UG). Now I need a receipt to submit the expense report. I've searched all over CO's site and all I can find is the form to request a receipt for $20, and there's no guarantee that won't be more than my receipt for the fare, not the UG.

My reservation is no longer showing in the system since it's past, and there's no was to view past reservations like there is on UA.

Any suggestions?

(For the record - 1K UA; about 80% of my pre-merger flying with them).

Doesn't seem to be addressed in any other posts...

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I've always rec'd a receipt via email.

Won't your cc bill suffice?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by mandragola
On a return trip Friday BCN->EWR I paid the $300 copay + 20K miles for a BusinessFirst seat. ...

My reservation is no longer showing in the system since it's past, and there's no was to view past reservations like there is on UA.
Sure there is. On the co.com home page, go to Reservations -> Change/View Existing Reservations. There are three tabs: Current, Past, and Inactive. Click on Past, and a reservation from just last Friday should certainly be there, assuming it was linked to your online profile to start with. On my Past tab, I see my flown reservations going back at least 2 months (I don't know how long they stay).

If the reservation for some reason was never linked to your online profile, then use the Find tool at the bottom and put in your last name and confirmation number and that should find it.

Also, once you find your reservation, the receipt should show the base fare, plus any change fees, fare add/collects, and upgrade co-pays, all listed separately.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
Even when you get the receipt, it's a bit hidden. It is listed separately with the extra charges, fees, and taxes. I always have to highlight it when I submit.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by smartinez
Even when you get the receipt, it's a bit hidden. It is listed separately with the extra charges, fees, and taxes. I always have to highlight it when I submit.
And upgrade co-pay is an extra charge - why would it be listed otherwise?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
not saying otherwise - but when you are trying to get reimbursed, it's (in my experience) not obvious.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I agree--in other cases it's not always obvious either, for instance, locating the change fee applied to a non-refundable ticket.

In any event, it looks like I need to call CO. The ticket was not linked to my CO FFN, to my surprise, but my UA FFN. I say "surprise" because when I spoke to the CO agent to request the UG, she said she had to replace the UA FFN in the record locator with my CO FFN, so that they could debit my CO account for the 20k miles. But this didn't happen, and as a result I can't find any record of the flight anywhere on either CO or UA.

It does seem really stupid that you can't look up a reservation by the conf# even as recently as 24 hours after the flight. Really, really, dumb IMHO, but then they wouldn't be able to make you cough up the $20 for the receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.