Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Trying to get to VIE from WAS with Conty miles...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to get to VIE from WAS with Conty miles...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Last fall, I booked RT award travel for summer 2012 from Washington to Austria (flying to Innsbruck, returning from Salzburg) through United. I was unable to book award tickets via Vienna on AUA, but had no problem making connections on Lufthansa both ways through Frankfurt for 60,000 miles. Travelling via Munich was not an option for me, because Munich is so close to Innsbruck and Salzburg that there are no flights. But connecting in Frankfurt, Munich or Zurich would be possible ways for you to get to Vienna.

If you have a choice, changing plans in Munich or Zurich is much easier than doing so in Frankfurt.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by markbanshee
Anyway to be alerted to open miles seats, other than keep calling and checking the website?
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think that AwardNexus might provide alerts; check out that option.
Yes, as mentioned both ExpertFlyer and AwardNexus provide alerting services, however ExpertFlyer does not currently show LH or OS awards. AwardNexus does since it uses the ANA & AC Star Alliance data. Therefore, markbanshee, the best solution for both searching and alerting for your OS/LH flights is probably AwardNexus.

Originally Posted by KVS
Out of the two,
Originally Posted by KVS
out of the two Tools/Services
Three services have been mentioned in this thread, not two. Just because your product doesn't provide all of the services and data that the OP is looking for, doesn't mean you should pretend that the one that does doesn't exist. It is disingenuous and not in the best interest of FTers looking for help.

We have no problem recommending a complimentary service such as AwardNexus to people if that is the best option for them. We are here to serve the FT community the best we can, not the other way around.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:24 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Three services have been mentioned in this thread, not two.
The original post (by wcalvert) specifically referred to only two products/services, and, as such, our reply to the said post should not be taken out of context.

As a matter of policy, we do not comment on the capabilities of other products/services (or, in the present case, lack thereof), as we prefer for such information to come directly from the most authoritative source, e.g.:

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
ExpertFlyer does not currently show LH or OS awards.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by KVS
The original post...
Continuing to selectively quote posts in a thread while ignoring others to make your point just makes you look even more petty. AwardNexus exists and it screen scrapes too, get over it.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass, AA Advantage, AVIS First, Hertz Gold
Sorry to start up a forum argument...
Thank you all for your help..I utilized KVS AND Award Nexus in my search and eventually got a very good deal, going to IAD-FRA (1.5 hour layover)-VIE...then touring Austria by train, getting to Munich and going MUC-CDG-CDG-IAD, all on Conty...worked out well, happy I got the whole thing with the fewest possible miles and looking forward to it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.