Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 hour wait time - really !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
2 hour wait time - really !

I have no status with United or Continental. I transferred all of our miles to Continental (1,073,000).
I'm trying to book a trip to Asia via Virgin Atlantic before the relationship ends on Feb 13th.
I scoped out a great itinerary via KVS and called Continental yesterday.
After being on hold for about 20 min, I got an agent who told me that I can't book a VS flight for TRAVEL after Feb 13th.
I had to call back and endure another close to 30 min wait.
I finally got an agent to book a complicated trip with a stopover in PVC and an open jaw in Thailand. He told me to call back in 24 hours to ticket it because it has a VS flight on the itinerary. My reservation showed up in my One Pass profile, but said that the reservation was only on hold until yesterday at midnight.
Not wanting to lose the reservation and start over, I called the One Pass reservation line again.
SERIOUSLY - a 2 hour wait time !!! I managed to eat and get some paperwork done, but the barrage of messages made me want to scream !
Now I want to make a minor change and ticket it and I am currently on hold. The message said that the wait is over 30 minutes. I have to leave for an appointment in 1 1/2 hours. Will they answer before I have to leave ???
This is CRAZY !!!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 31, 2012 at 12:40 pm Reason: posted in very old thread in UA forum. Since this is CO-related, it gets moved to that forum
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Cool

I'm currently on an approximate 45-63 min "call back" hold.

Most frustrating!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
CO has won awards for this type of service. I'm sorry you're disappointed in it. Others apparently think this is award-worthy.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Update:

Received call-back one hour, 13 min later.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by channa
CO has won awards for this type of service. I'm sorry you're disappointed in it. Others apparently think this is award-worthy.
And yet, you STILL fly Continental.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
find somebody with elite status; ask them to call and pretend this is a family member and usually they help. I have done this for family and they were very helpful.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Elite Status doesn't help! I had to switch to a 2nd handset last night after 1st battery ran out of juice.

When did they stop asking if it was Domestic or international??
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mnmme
Elite Status doesn't help! I had to switch to a 2nd handset last night after 1st battery ran out of juice.

When did they stop asking if it was Domestic or international??
Just tried calling the elite line now - it did ask domestic / international and the call was answered in about 6 seconds.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Just called and mistyped my FF number and was told the wait time was 1 1/2 hours and asked if I wanted a call back. I hung up, called back and got the FF number right and the wait was 3 minutes - GM's sure do have it tough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.