Wiki Posts
Search

CO BP at BRU for connection?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G
CO BP at BRU for connection?

Flying BRU-LHR-IAH. Checked in online w/ SN for BRU-LHR and it did not give me my boarding pass for the LHR-IAH segment. Since I've got to change terminals, I'd like my BP prior to arriving at LHR to speed up my connection.

Can the SN (or UA?) staff at BRU issue a CO BP if I re-checkin there? Anyone have direct experience with that?

Alternately it'd be great if I could get co.com to let me check in for the 2nd segment on my reservation but it refuses since my first segment is non-CO.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:21 am
Original Poster

I succeeded, but had to ask every Brussels Airlines employee I saw that was at a computer.

First SN employee: No, that's not possible.

Second SN employee: I see the flight, but there's a problem with the ticket. Call Continental.

Third SN employee: The flight isn't on your reservation.

Fourth SN employee: Printed CO boarding pass.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
You're going to have to stop at the transfer desk at LHR anyway. You'll need to get your security questions asked and such and they do that at the transfer desk.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hartmann
You're going to have to stop at the transfer desk at LHR anyway. You'll need to get your security questions asked and such and they do that at the transfer desk.
That wasn't my experience. I did not have to present my BP or passport at security (arriving T4 from T1) and went directly from security to the lounge. I did the security questions and got the passport sticker in the jetway.

Last edited by chiph; Jan 26, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by chiph
That wasn't my experience. I did not have to present my BP or passport at security (arriving T4 from T1) and went directly from security to the lounge. I did the security questions and got the passport sticker in the jetway.
Does that mean that there is a lounge in Terminal 4? I understood that there wasn't from the Heathrow website. (Or did you just mean departure lounge?)

How long should I allow to get from T1 to T4? I'm flying MAN-LHR-IAH next week. I've got 2.5 hours and thought that I might as well hang out in a lounge in T1 for a while if that is possible.

Last edited by RossUK666; Jan 27, 2012 at 8:59 am Reason: Correction
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RossUK666
Does that mean that there is a lounge in Terminal 4? I understood that there wasn't from the Heathrow website. (Or did you just mean departure lounge?)

How long should I allow to get from T1 to T4? I'm flying MAN-LHR-IAH next week. I've got 2.5 hours and thought that I might as well hang out in a lounge in T1 for a while if that is possible.
Yes, CO passengers can use the DL lounge in T4.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you can do that, I just prefer not to wait on the jetway answering the questions.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Yes, CO passengers can use the DL lounge in T4.
It's actually a Skyteam contract lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RossUK666
Walk to bus from plane is <5min, bus is every 5 minutes, ride is 8 minutes, walk from bus to security is <5min. BP/passport not required for security. IME, I was the only one going through security. Connections desk is after security. Continental has a sign up but I didn't see anyone (surely they were there?). It dumps you out near the low-numbered gates, which Continental uses about 75% of the time IME, although the ST lounge is at the other end. From plane to lounge was maybe 30-40min tops. If security was busy and you missed the next bus, etc, it could be maybe be an hour.

Accordingly, with a 2hr connection, if your flight is 30 minutes late and you hit worse conditions, you'll arrive during boarding. An hour late and you're probably hosed.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's actually a Skyteam contract lounge.
Wow, it's a contract lounge? It's nice.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Wow, it's a contract lounge? It's nice.
It's a unique situation insofar as it's "operated" by Skyteam supposedly (and exclusively has Skyteam branding) as opposed to a third party lounge operator. The airlines (specifically AF/KLM and Delta) are behind it but don't operate it or brand it accordingly. I don't know if CO had any original involvement but by the time it opened (mid 2009) they had already announced their intention to leave Skyteam. I suspect it's like any contract lounge where Skyteam bills the carriers per entry.

I agree that it's nice....it's probably my favorite lounge in the (UACO) system.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:00 am

Programs: UA Gold
Thanks for the very useful feedback. Much appreciated. ^

Skyteam lounge it is then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.