Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket, payed with dif acounts?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Award Ticket, payed with dif acounts?

Quick questions (searched did not find answer but do remember seeing it efore)
I need 6,000 miles for my one way C ticket to europe. Can you pay for the ticket with miles from diffrent acounts or do they all have to be taken out of a sinle one. if so is it better to buy miles via the millage tool when you have a purchased ticket,buy miles straight from onepass or transfer the miles from another acount?

Regards,
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:45 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pmlflyer
Quick questions (searched did not find answer but do remember seeing it efore)
I need 6,000 miles for my one way C ticket to europe. Can you pay for the ticket with miles from diffrent acounts or do they all have to be taken out of a sinle one
Needs to be same account. Transfering miles can be quite expensive

UA had redeemable miles for sale at a discount recently, but IIRC that promotion is over now, though you can still buy them at regular price.

Depending on when you need to book you can get a bunch of miles by signing up for a Chase CC.

EmailKid
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Flight is not till june but currently there are only C and F space available in saver so if i dont get those quick i might end up buying a one way ticket with $ (really expensive) cancel my F return and just but a Y roundtrip with $.

on a side note can you join 2 one way awards booked seperatly and that way add a stopover?

Last edited by pmlflyer; Dec 27, 2011 at 11:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.