Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

continental.com updated this weekend (8:00pm 12/2 through 5:00am 12/5)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:11 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give you a heads up that continental.com will undergo some system maintenance this weekend that will likely cause some features to be unavailable, or available sporadically during this time. Various phases of maintenance will begin beginning at 8:00pm CST on Dec. 2nd and will run through 5:00am CST on Dec. 5th). Here are some of the key areas that will be impacted:

• Seat maps may not be available
  • During the check-in process, bag-fee waivers may not display (e.g. Chase card bag fee waiver)
  • The ability to redeem award or upgrades may not be available and an error message may display
  • The ability to sign in to OnePass accounts may not be available
  • The ability to purchase miles through Mileage Maximizer may not be available
  • The ability to updates information in OnePass profiles will not be available
  • The ability to book car and hotel reward online will not be available
  • The ability to buy or transfer miles will not be available
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. All functionality should return to normal once the maintenance update is complete.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Thanks for letting us know.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[INDENT][LIST][*]Seat maps may not be available assignments will be lost

AH...fixed it!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Any plans to put a maintenance notice on the site?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: United Gold
One of the reasons I love FlyerTalk. We get all the inside scoops. Thank you UA Insider!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Any plans to put a maintenance notice on the site?
Hi mherdeg, yes, once features become impacted you will see a maintenance notice on the site. The goal is to have features down for as short a time period as is possible.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: OnePass | MillagePlus
! Continental.com is unable to initiate your flight change request at this time. Please contact Continental Reservations at 1-800-525-0280 to make changes to this Itinerary.
You can't change reward flights either
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Hi mherdeg, yes, once features become impacted you will see a maintenance notice on the site. The goal is to have features down for as short a time period as is possible.
Perhaps that's why CO.COM and travelocity are reporting different inventory right now.

I'm trying to orchestrate a purchased CO itin, using the Travel Bank credits that have actually posted , for Shark Jr, with a US Bank Flexperks purchase on Travelocity.

I see the flight price out on CO.COM but travelocity finds it unbookable at that price which means different inventory. Expedia finds something different again.

I suppose I'll have to try this again at another time.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Aha, no wonder I couldn't look at buying miles earlier.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Some flights aren't showing where the plane is coming from (e.g., EWR-NRT, EWR-HKG, v.v.) tomorrow. Don't know if that's connected to the maintenance issue.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
I have to transfer some UA miles to CO before midnight today to confirm a holded reward ticket, I suppose calling CO will enable me to transfer miles anyway?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, the maintenance will take us a bit longer than expected. Weve currently expect that maintenance window to end at 7:30am CST on Dec 5th. We appreciate your patience this weekend.

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Some flights aren't showing where the plane is coming from (e.g., EWR-NRT, EWR-HKG, v.v.) tomorrow. Don't know if that's connected to the maintenance issue.
Hi tarheelnj, this is not an area that should be impacted by the maintenance this weekend. That said, it could be an unexpected side effect. If you see this happening after Monday, please post any examples here and well take a look.

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Perhaps that's why CO.COM and travelocity are reporting different inventory right now.
Hi redtailshark, your correct. This is an area that is currently being impacted.

Shannon
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
UA Club could not validate my membership (UC card with my CO number on it at a former RCC). Card scanned, but said could not validate.

They couldn't scan my BP since it was DL.

They ended up calling someone and then punching some stuff in manually to get it to take.

I figured it may be related. It worked earlier today at a former PC.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Anyone else finding flights aren't posting as quickly as usual? I had 2 CO flights on Thursday, using my OP # that have yet to post. I'm a little anxious as I need the 2 segments to re-qualify for 1P.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Various phases of maintenance will begin beginning at 8:00pm CST on Dec. 2nd and will run through 5:00am CST on Dec. 5th).
Apparently problems as it is now 5:53 a.m. CST and the system is still down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.