Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

July 28 CO Flt 74 EWR-HAM lands in Newfoundland b/c they forgot to load water?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?

My friend was on this flight and he emails me from Germany that the flight made an "emergency" landing in Newfoundland because someone forgot to "tank water" before the departure from EWR.

Please do not take this too literally, as English is not his primary language, and I don't speak any German at all.

He tells me the pilot initially said they would land in Newfoundland, take on water, and be airborne again in 45 minutes, however they were on the ground for 2 hours 45 minutes.

The whole story sounded a little odd to me. Anyone on FT know the real story?

(Mod - Sorry if I posted in wrong forum. Pls move if appropriate)

Last edited by Phil Level; Aug 2, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
Although I cannot comment on the water part, the longer wait on the ground makes sense if any maintenance/ paperwork checks were needed. For instance, the plane would need to be refueled, new flight plan generated, and if the plane landed heavy (very possible), things like breaks would need to be checked before the aircraft could take-off again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.