Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Presidential Platinum

Has anyone got any luck having CO tell you how much spend you have with them year to date? This is in regards to achieving Presidential Platinum status by spending the required $30,000.
I have called every dept I can think of, spoke with numerous supervisors and they all say they can't tell me.... Really weird.....

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by spineangel
Has anyone got any luck having CO tell you how much spend you have with them year to date? This is in regards to achieving Presidential Platinum status by spending the required $30,000.
I have called every dept I can think of, spoke with numerous supervisors and they all say they can't tell me.... Really weird.....

Thanks
We don't know anything about the new program but here's the current OP PPlat qualifications:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...lplatinum.aspx

Platinum Elite members will be invited to become Presidential Platinum Elite members based on their annual spending on travel on Continental, Continental Express and Continental Connection. Earnings will be based on a calendar year, starting Jan. 1, 2011. The spending qualification will be $30,000.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I swear that it appeared on your account page earlier this year. Now it is gone. I think there was a thread about this a few months ago...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
It was removed from your account page, but still appears on your montly Onepass e-statement. I should hit PPlat in Oct. I havent seen anyone post that they have actually become a new PPlat this year. I expect by end of year my combined qualifying spend with UACO will be ~40K, so no idea if I will get to keep GS past Feb 2012.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by seattleBH
I swear that it appeared on your account page earlier this year. Now it is gone. I think there was a thread about this a few months ago...
It did.... That was my point to CO. Why did they remove it? And then they said they don't have a way to track it...
I then asked then how do they know if a customers attains the $30,000 threshold? They did not have any other answer for me, except to go back to all of my credit card statements and add it up myself.......
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I don't think they care who qualifies for PP for the rest of 2011, as it's all about who will make the grade for GS in 2012.

I think anyone who's short of $50K in full fare spend should be prepared for a nice landing to 1K/Plat.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
We don't know anything about the new program but here's the current OP PPlat qualifications:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...lplatinum.aspx
This is exactly what I read to CO, and followed with how do I know how close I am to the $30,000?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Also note, that qualifying during 2011 apparantly you will only get PP status thru January 2012:

"Current and ongoing qualifiers of Presidential Platinum Elite will receive all benefits and services associated with the program through Jan. 31, 2012. The United Global ServicesSM program will replace the Presidential Platinum Elite program in 2012 and will be open to OnePass members."
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
It did.... That was my point to CO. Why did they remove it? And then they said they don't have a way to track it...
I then asked then how do they know if a customers attains the $30,000 threshold? They did not have any other answer for me, except to go back to all of my credit card statements and add it up myself.......
If you do this, bear in mind you can only count the airfare portion of ticket (no airport fees/texes surcharges etc) and on tickets with mixed metal on other airlines, only the portion of the ticekt price that allocates to the CO metal (and probably UA metal for now) count. So if you Do do this exercise, your results will be not necessarily 100% matched to CO records unless you were all CO metal but you can get close.

Last year, I double checked my reocords to CO records, and they were only missing 1 or 2 segments.

I simply went to my Onepass aco.... noted each flight taken, then found my flight confirmation emails to get the revenue pieces from it. Took about an hour, (but I'm one of those who never deletes an email...so I had all the receipts handy).
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: CO Pres Platinum / UA GS, AA Ex Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
PP Qualification Still In Effect

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I don't think they care who qualifies for PP for the rest of 2011, as it's all about who will make the grade for GS in 2012.

I think anyone who's short of $50K in full fare spend should be prepared for a nice landing to 1K/Plat.
Actually, PP qualification is still in full effect...

My onepass account was upgraded from Plat to Pres Plat 2 - 3 weeks ago right after I hit the $30k spend mark. Approximately a week later, my linked MP account was also upgraded to GS (which I was more concerned about because GS is more important to me).

Like the OP, I also had a hard time getting my ytd spend from the onepass service center. I asked about it 5 or 6 at different times during the year, and the agent was able to find it only 2 or 3 of those times. It's probably on some screen that they don't use that often and don't know exists.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Just out of curiosity, does spend count when you purhcase or when you fly? if i buy now for a ticket in Jan, does it count towards 2011 or 2012?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
They did not have any other answer for me, except to go back to all of my credit card statements and add it up myself.......
WRONG! CO tracks REVENUE for PPlat qualification, which does not include things like taxes and fuel surcharges. If you use the dollar amount of your charges from your credit card statement you are going to over estimate how close you are to qualifying.

For example, I have a EWR-LHR ticket in my account right now that cost me $762...only $220 of that is revenue, the rest is tax and YQ charges.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Actually, PP qualification is still in full effect...

My onepass account was upgraded from Plat to Pres Plat 2 - 3 weeks ago right after I hit the $30k spend mark. Approximately a week later, my linked MP account was also upgraded to GS (which I was more concerned about because GS is more important to me).

Like the OP, I also had a hard time getting my ytd spend from the onepass service center. I asked about it 5 or 6 at different times during the year, and the agent was able to find it only 2 or 3 of those times. It's probably on some screen that they don't use that often and don't know exists.
Yes - you'll get it for the rest of 2011 (and Jan '12), and a taste of the good life with your GS match. However, I'm guessing that the majority of PMCO PPlats are in for a rude awakening though for 2012 - qualifying for GS is a very different beast than $30K in total spend in any fare class.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes - you'll get it for the rest of 2011 (and Jan '12), and a taste of the good life with your GS match. However, I'm guessing that the majority of PMCO PPlats are in for a rude awakening though for 2012 - qualifying for GS is a very different beast than $30K in total spend in any fare class.
I know that the ~$40K (>$45K if you include fees, etc) I will end the year with will not be enough for GS normally. I figure a 50/50 chance to requal though. So the match to GS will be nice in that regard (potentially).
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by TommyC80
WRONG! CO tracks REVENUE for PPlat qualification, which does not include things like taxes and fuel surcharges. If you use the dollar amount of your charges from your credit card statement you are going to over estimate how close you are to qualifying.

For example, I have a EWR-LHR ticket in my account right now that cost me $762...only $220 of that is revenue, the rest is tax and YQ charges.
You are probably right, but it's a joke for an airline to pretend that YQ isn't revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.