Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First "Special Offer Seats" for cheap.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sbm12
I find it laughable that an elite who gets upgraded by EUA/UDU can claim that selling the F seats at a discount in some way makes the product less premium.
We definitely agree on this point.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:42 am

They must think Y class pax are drooling goblins.

There are exceptions (like Snooki):
http://images.buddytv.com/articles/realsp-snook.JPG
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-FO/SM; CO-Onepass; VS *G; AA; HHonors-*G; Marriott-Rewards; Best Western-Gold; SPG
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There have been multiple posts on here of CO offering these for award tix - $99 seems to be a common rate

OP - is the flight tomorrow? Would love to see what the UG list looks like.

Nice that they're assigning so much value to their F experience...

FLight is CO1840 ex-PBI on 7/18/11 (Mon). More UG standbys than seats. Weird
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-FO/SM; CO-Onepass; VS *G; AA; HHonors-*G; Marriott-Rewards; Best Western-Gold; SPG
Originally Posted by legalalien
How long was the upgrade list?
I think 6 people with 2 seats left.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

The other issue is the infomercial-style pricing - I haven't seen it yet (would love to see a screenshot),
How do I post a screenshot?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tmwe6
How do I post a screenshot?
Fn-F11 (print screen), save as a JPEG
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
FLight is CO1840 ex-PBI on 7/18/11 (Mon). More UG standbys than seats. Weird
I'm sure someone will say that we don't know FOR SURE that all those pax were originally booked on the flight - could have been a truckload of SDCs or last minute purchases...

...but Occam's Razor says it's CO just out for a quick buck, no shock there. No longer for the price of $479, but the LOW LOW LOW price of $79! All F seats must go!!!

What fare bucket were you booked in? That's good to know as well. EDIT - now 11 on the UG WL. You originally mentioned IAH-TPA - did you mean this flight instead?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

I was in T class and paid ~$134 for the one-way flight. So I took the Upgrade and in total paid $213. Pretty good in my opinion w/ lie-flat seats recently installed (757-200).
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

You originally mentioned IAH-TPA - did you mean this flight instead?
My mistake. I typed down the wrong flight. But pretty much the offers were the same. My IAH-TPA was offered same price too --$79.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in T class and paid ~$134 for the one-way flight. So I took the Upgrade and in total paid $213. Pretty good in my opinion w/ lie-flat seats recently installed (757-200).
Are you a Plat? If so, that means a 1 way M is $213 (IIRC) - could be right, could be a *special* OLCI discount (I'll let sbm12 chime in here). If you're Gold/Silver and that's the B fare pricing...wow.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Are you a Plat? If so, that means a 1 way M is $213 (IIRC) - could be right, could be a *special* OLCI discount (I'll let sbm12 chime in here). If you're Gold/Silver and that's the B fare pricing...wow.
I am nothing on CO. I was surprised I even got offered that "special" deal. My friend who flew CO as a UA 1K reported the same thing.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

There are currently 14 people in the UG wait list with still one seat open. Boarding is in 25 min.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am nothing on CO. I was surprised I even got offered that "special" deal. My friend who flew CO as a UA 1K reported the same thing.
Eh, 1K gets recognized mostly similar status-wise. But no status and you got into F for a little over $200...yowza. Congrats to you, but I'm pretty sure it's *not* supposed to work that way.

But hey, if it's not so premium that they give it away for free, might as well undermine a key Elite benefit and grab a few bucks while they can...don't mind those pesky Elites and their so-called "complimentary" upgrades.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No M fare at all on that route. The $479 difference looks like about the right price to get to the B or H-Up fare so that part isn't all that surprising.

And the other tell-tale sign - passengers on both the flight and upgrade standby lists, suggesting non-revs - is not hitting for CO1840 PBI-EWR today either.

It would be quite unfortunate if CO has gone back on their word and started actively selling these seats before all elite upgrades are taken care of as they insisted they would (and which they actually were doing) when the new program was introduced.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

My 1K friend reported this a little while ago.

Last edited by tmwe6; Jul 18, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.