Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 9:08 pm
rln

Sometimes its the little things: I'm a two million miler who switched most of my air travel to Alaska when Continental dumped the dining program. Like the dining program, I have thoroughly had fun working the ShopOnePass site. Christmas will never be the same. There is a decent chance I will not renew my Presidential Plus card. I will probably do my shopping on the Marriott mall.

Question: If I purchased flowers today but designated that they be delivered at Christmas time, would I get double points? I don't think, as a rule, vendors charge the card until items are shipped out.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
i am bummed that this is going away. this online shopping portal was my go to place where i knew i could get a LOT more miles per $$ spent and double the miles for using my card.

i have looked at all the other airlines' shopping portals and they are so lacking. most cards don't give double miles/$ which was the draw for me. who wouldn't want to get 6 miles/$ instead of 3 miles/$?

oh well, it was bound to end eventually. guess i better go stock up on stuff.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Hands down this was my favorite feature of the Chase CO credit cards. Very sad to see it go.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kendenton
Yes, $4.95 shipping. Still, I'm always up for 1/2 cent miles. Once the TtM goes away I'm less interested in 1c miles.
Actually the drugstore gift cards is a surcharge of 4.95 per gift card purchased. So buying up gift cards is pretty worthless imo. It is not a shipping charge and you can't get rid of it.

After doing the math its only kind of worth it buying $100 GC from drugstore. You pay a 5 dollar fee for 1050 miles, but remember you lose out on earning 200 miles from using the GC. So 850 is the net miles for 5 bucks so about .6 cpm.

Last edited by qoodoo; Jun 3, 2011 at 11:40 am
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by qoodoo
Actually the drugstore gift cards is a surcharge of 4.95 per gift card purchased. So buying up gift cards is pretty worthless imo. It is not a shipping charge and you can't get rid of it.

After doing the math its only kind of worth it buying $100 GC from drugstore. You pay a 5 dollar fee for 1050 miles, but remember you lose out on earning 200 miles from using the GC. So 850 is the net miles for 5 bucks so about .6 cpm.
and I'd still buy CO miles all day long at .6 cpm ^
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone ever received double miles for a sears gift card purchase? I don't see anything in the T & C about gift cards so i am curious. If this works, it could be a great thing to load up on @ 10miles to $1
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by jclay1212
Has anyone ever received double miles for a sears gift card purchase? I don't see anything in the T & C about gift cards so i am curious. If this works, it could be a great thing to load up on @ 10miles to $1
I thought the fine print on the page where you put your onePass number before going to the shopping page stated what wont get miles.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:00 am

I, too, noticed that Sears was one of the vendors that did not state that gift cards were ineligible for miles. I wish I had tested this out months ago though.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:59 am

Drugstore gift cards sound appealing. Thanks for pointing it out before the deadline, I'll probably have to order a few.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by fragment54
Drugstore gift cards sound appealing. Thanks for pointing it out before the deadline, I'll probably have to order a few.
I'm still waiting for CO to credit my Drugstore.com purchase from 3/31. I e-mailed CO on 5/24, and got a response on 6/2 that they are looking into it and wait another 90 days. As generous as they are (were) with shopping miles, they are a royal PITA to actually get them credited.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: CO PLAT, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, NW, AA, UA
gift cards

Don't forget that Home Depot gift cards are also eligible and I am always spending money there since it's my favorite toy store!

I've made a boatload of miles on home depot giftcard purchases through their website. They actually mail you giftcards for no charge, no minimum. If you're a homeowner, this is a no brainer.......

So sad to see the double promo go, I hope they bring it back or I may just dump the card altogether. Although did someone say the United card has double miles for home improvement? I wonder if online mileage mall purchases would qualify?

Anyone?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:24 pm

Anyone know how what day CO shopping purchases tend to post? I know US Airways shopping tends to post on Thursday.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by HikerT
Anyone know how what day CO shopping purchases tend to post? I know US Airways shopping tends to post on Thursday.
totally random, however the twicethemiles credit typically post the second saturday after the original miles hit your account.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by HikerT
this isn't 100% but my experience has been the previous month's miles usually post around the 25th of the current month (+/- a few days) with the double miles from Chase posting 2-4 weeks later. for example, purchases from June will post around 7/25

i keep an excel spreadsheet to track my purchases so here are some examples:

-on 4/22/11 my purchases from 3/12, 3/13 and 3/28 were credited. the double miles posted on 4/29.

-on 5/24, my purchases from 4/10 and 4/14 were credited. the double miles posted on 6/3.

Last edited by elcid3; Jul 20, 2011 at 7:18 pm
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by elcid3
this isn't 100% but my experience has been the previous month's miles usually post around the 25th of the current month (+/- a few days) with the double miles from Chase posting 2-4 weeks later. for example, purchases from June will post around 7/25
fyi...my purchases from June posted today (7/26).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.