FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1218153-shop-onepass-twice-miles-ending-19-july-2011-a.html)

kendenton May 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011

On July 19, 2011, the ShopOnePass Twice the Miles program will be ending. Although you'll no longer receive double miles on purchases made with your Continental Airlines Chase credit or debit card after the program ends, you will continue to earn valuable miles when you shop at ShopOnePass.
:(

Mommy Points May 22, 2011 4:08 pm

:td: That stinks - I loved that feature!

kendenton May 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I know. Time to stock up on drugstore.com gift cards.

nova08 May 22, 2011 4:41 pm

If I had to guess it is probably just a move to prepare for a combined CO/UA card.

keisari May 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Twice I had a problem getting the miles so I quit.
I called but got the run around between CO and the company I bought from
No tears on my end.

bdraco May 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton (Post 16430950)
I know. Time to stock up on drugstore.com gift cards.

continental.com says:
Purchases of Gift Cards are eligible for miles.

drugstore.com says:
PLEASE NOTE: This gift card is not returnable. Item is to be treated as cash, therefore lost cards will not be reimbursed. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash, are ineligible for Bing Cashback program, and excluded from sales and special discount offers.

Has anyone received miles for itunes gift cards?

kendenton May 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by bdraco (Post 16431075)
continental.com says:
Purchases of Gift Cards are eligible for miles.

drugstore.com says:
PLEASE NOTE: This gift card is not returnable. Item is to be treated as cash, therefore lost cards will not be reimbursed. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash, are ineligible for Bing Cashback program, and excluded from sales and special discount offers.

Has anyone received miles for itunes gift cards?

Haven't bought any iTunes cards from drugstore.com (yet), but have gotten credit for every card I bought from them (travelocity, pf chang, rei, chili's, aeropostale, etc). Continental just gives miles based on the total charge to drugstore.com.

bdraco May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton (Post 16431115)
Haven't bought any iTunes cards from drugstore.com (yet), but have gotten credit for every card I bought from them (travelocity, pf chang, rei, chili's, aeropostale, etc). Continental just gives miles based on the total charge to drugstore.com.

It looks like they charge a 4.95$ surcharge per card so it really only works out if you buy the $100 cards (assuming you planned on using the service anyways)

kendenton May 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by bdraco (Post 16431138)
It looks like they charge a 4.95$ surcharge per card so it really only works out if you buy the $100 cards (assuming you planned on using the service anyways)

Yes, $4.95 shipping. Still, I'm always up for 1/2 cent miles. Once the TtM goes away I'm less interested in 1c miles.

infamousdx May 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Damn now there's definitely no reason to keep my OPP Chase card

TommyC80 May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx (Post 16431592)
Damn now there's definitely no reason to keep my OPP Chase card

Well there are still upgrades on domestic reward tickets if you're elite, but largely I agree with you. The only reason I used ShopOnePass was because of the 2x bonus.

Since that is now going away I most likely shift all of my spending to the amex bonus points mall.

G2244 May 23, 2011 7:04 am

Wow yeah that seals it for me. I will be canceling.

I have been really liking the United Select Visa giving me double miles on Gas, Groceries, Dining, and Home Improvement. I had been trying to find a reason to keep the OnePass card as well, but without the Twice the Miles deal it really doesn't cut it for me.

bdraco May 23, 2011 10:44 am

Originally Posted by G2244 (Post 16433624)
Wow yeah that seals it for me. I will be canceling.

I have been really liking the United Select Visa giving me double miles on Gas, Groceries, Dining, and Home Improvement. I had been trying to find a reason to keep the OnePass card as well, but without the Twice the Miles deal it really doesn't cut it for me.

I have the presidential plus card, however my primary card in the states is the United Visa due to the 2x miles. I really only use the presidential plus card for transactions outside the states and shoponepass. If I had the one pass plus card I would be canceling it.

dergon darkhelm May 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Damn -

I'm going to guess I got 150-200k miles out of that program.

PrePlus still has flex EQM and now no forex, but I will now at least start thinking about other card options.

mollie006 May 24, 2011 5:01 am

So, if by now and July 16th you buy the Drugstore.com gift card or other store, you will receive the double points.

Would have to check if there is an expiration date of gift cards.

Thank you for this idea, i didn't think of it! Hate losing the double points as it has given me over 100k throughout.

Does anyone know of another card that gives double points for onepass?

Thanks everyone for the information.