Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Onepass/PC cards - where are they?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by ani90
If both you and wife have platinum card, what additional use is the PC card to you?
Lounge access in the USA would be one benefit. Yes, on day of departure or arrival you can get access as a *g, but the rules for that are/were implemented subtly differently at various lounges (only at intermediate point, not on arrival, no WiFi etc.)...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Gold
Why ?

If both you and wife have platinum card, what additional use is the PC card to you? Unless you live and travel a lot in the US, or often travel from US internationally with 2 or more companions that do not include your wife, then the incremental benefit of a PC card is arguably minimal.
Because we fly from Manchester where there isn't a dedicated President's Club. CO travelers can use the Escape lounge on production of a PC card. Not sure what their policy is regarding *Gold cards and I don't really want to traipse from lounge to lounge to see which one I can use.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by RossUK666
Because we fly from Manchester where there isn't a dedicated President's Club. CO travelers can use the Escape lounge on production of a PC card. Not sure what their policy is regarding *Gold cards and I don't really want to traipse from lounge to lounge to see which one I can use.
If they let you in with your PC card they should also let you in with *Gold. i do accept that in europe some lounges misapply the rules so useful to have a card they 'understand'. Certainly according to CO.com you are eligible to enter the lounge with your platinum card. Let us know next time you traave (assuming you have not got the PC card by then.

BTW looking through onepass euro rules this year, I do not see anything about qualification based on transatlantic segements - does this still exist or is it quietly vanishing with the UA merger?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:14 am

BTW looking through onepass euro rules this year, I do not see anything about qualification based on transatlantic segements - does this still exist or is it quietly vanishing with the UA merger?
They are still showing on online statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.