Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Onepass/PC cards - where are they?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, United 1MM, HH Diamond
Euro Onepass/PC cards - where are they?

I seem to be unable to get an answer either by email, phone or in person on this.

Does anyone know when the onepass and presidents club cards will be issued to European cardholders? Obviously the last ones expires at end of Feb and I've just been refused access to the elite access line and lounge in Newark...I've emailed, called, asked in Glasgow and now Newark and no-one can give me an answer....I've been plat for many years and never been treated like trash before today.

Best excuse I had was that they are delayed because of the merger - a guess from the GA in Glasgow.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC, CO, *A
I am in London. Was told on the phone by the onepass service centre that new cards were mailed on 2/14, I have still not received anything.

Have succesfully used the printout of my onepass card from www.co.com in the US for lounge access etc... highly doubt the printout will work for partner lounges internationally.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by GreigM
I seem to be unable to get an answer either by email, phone or in person on this.
No dice over here as well. Last I got by phone is that they're in the mail. Since the PC membership renewal wasn't done till late February, I think that one will take a while.
(update: phoned OPSC, apparently mine was mailed 27th of February )

Last edited by jupper; Mar 11, 2011 at 5:53 am Reason: update from calling OPSC today...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Printing is fine, but as you say it won't work with many lounges.

I'm starting to wonder what's in it for frequent flyers in europe - there's no special treatment in UK airports, definitely no upgrades EVER and now the stateside benefits aren't available unless we print out our own cards....which we have to figure out for ourselves as no-one will tell us.

Come on virgin (or anyone else)...put on a flight from Scotland and put some competition into the market!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I got my OP Plat card in Portugal on March 8. OP card only, not the PC card. That is supposed to come in a separate mailing and has not arrived yet.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:13 pm

I agree this is a nuisance. I was however pleasantly surprised to get lounge access in MUC and LUX over the past couple of days with the printout. In each location at least one agent recognised it and could explain to their colleagues how to process it. I didn't risk trying the printed card for priority boarding as I didn't want to hold the line up if the agent didn't recognise it.

In the manual process it appears that the agent is presented with fields to enter my name, programme, status and OP number but the lack of an expiry date triggers a text entry field where they have to explain in their own words why they are over-riding the expiry field. I guess that might be the bit which trips up an unfamiliar agent and makes it easier for them to refuse entry.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:47 am

Gold card arrived in west London this morning. Based on post #2 above and the stamped postmark (UB7 0HX) it has taken 24 days to travel a distance which can be walked in about 3 hours. At least it's here.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: MileagePlus GS
When I was in IAH two weeks ago, I asked at the PC and they checked my membership and my PC membership had been renewed and extended to 2012.

I am based in AMS and have yet to receive my OP card or new PC card.

Still waiting for miles from January to post as well.

Why has everything seemed to have slowed down to a crawl?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:00 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by texas gold
When I was in IAH two weeks ago, I asked at the PC and they checked my membership and my PC membership had been renewed and extended to 2012.
Yeah, it seems that worked for all EU-based OP gold+.

I am based in AMS and have yet to receive my OP card or new PC card.
A couple of my associates have received their cards. You don't happen to have had a status match to CO last year? The only anomaly I can see so far is, that everyone of my freinds who status matched last year has not yet received the cards. That is a little weired since those guys all have their same office address put in.

Still waiting for miles from January to post as well.

Why has everything seemed to have slowed down to a crawl?
I waited for eitht months last year to have the egliable flights from SN and OS credited to my account. I was pleasantly surprised however to see that SN seems to pick up the status correctly now and even managed to automatically put the miles in. I have hope, I see a light ...
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by c_d
The only anomaly I can see so far is, that everyone of my freinds who status matched last year has not yet received the cards. That is a little weired since those guys all have their same office address put in.
I did match late 2009 and earned Gold as well by end of 2009 (DEQM). That only had the issue of my complimentary PC membership not being send in early 2010 (which UA/CO Insider noted and fixed for me and several others). If you're matched you don't get the complimentary PC membership (a fair thing I think).

End of 2010 I reached Platinum, no 2011 Platinum card has arrived so far, but given the ship date of 2/27 I was quoted, I don't expect it to have arrived even when I return from my upcoming 25k+ BIS trip in the next 10 days.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:08 pm

One pass card received in London 11 March, but no Presidents card yet.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: UA Gold
Have any European travellers received their PC cards yet? Wife and I each got our Plats ten days ago but still no sign of the Presidents Club card
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:02 am
Original Poster

I received my plat card 2 days ago, no sign of PC.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by RossUK666
Have any European travellers received their PC cards yet? Wife and I each got our Plats ten days ago but still no sign of the Presidents Club card
An educated guess would say the PC cards would be automatically sent out as part of the renewal process, that process seems to have run in late February. Given the time it has taken the regular OnePass cards to get delivered, I'm guessing mid April would be a very early yet safe bet.

I recommend asking an agent at a CO PC to print out a small statement if you'll be visiting non-CO clubs.

The wonderful lady at the SEA PC last week inquired whether I was planning of visiting a non-CO club when checking that my PC membership had been renewed to allow me entry. Upon my affirmation of wanting to visit an UA RCC she printed out a small status summary / account profile. It listed such things as name, YTD EQM + EQS, PC membership + expiration, OP number, CO Elite Status, Star Alliance status, mileage etc. ...

I was able to use that print-out to access several UA RCC's and one US Club. YMMV at non-USA locations I guess, but there *G should help you...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by RossUK666
Why ?

If both you and wife have platinum card, what additional use is the PC card to you? Unless you live and travel a lot in the US, or often travel from US internationally with 2 or more companions that do not include your wife, then the incremental benefit of a PC card is arguably minimal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.