Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Plus is here to stay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by rkkwan
+1 Great Development. Y+ makes the CR7's bearable and it will do the same on the Q400's
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if this will put to bed the speculation on E+ profitability

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...er-merger.html

Smisek said he was initially “suspicious” of Economy Plus and thought the combined carrier would drop it, until he learned about the option’s profitability after the merger was completed.

“Going into the transaction a year ago, I would have guessed it would come out the other way,” Smisek said of Economy Plus. “When we got the facts and got the merchandising folks together to talk about how we could market the product effectively -- and this wasn’t even weighing at all the loyalty value, just the pure money -- it’s a very good business decision for us.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It will put to bed the question of profitability, but not concerns from FFers regarding Smisek not caring about loyalty.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by planemechanic
Definitely an interesting article. I'm glad to hear they'll be keeping F, and I wonder which routes will get it.

As for E+, he did mention that the loyalty factor is important, so I hope that means the United policy will continue with the combined product, e.g. elites (or premiers, whatever we're now called) will have free access from booking.

I still want to understand how they'll manage to streamline their fleet, especially planes that have already been upgraded, such as PMCO 772s and PMUA 744s and 763s.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
...but not concerns from FFers regarding Smisek not caring about loyalty.
I have a feeling we already know the answer to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.