Wiki Posts
Search

"Upgrading" to E+ for 4?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
"Upgrading" to E+ for 4?

I am new to this forum as I status matched with CO late last year and am now a Platinum. I saw a few threads about upgrades in general, but want to ask specifically about bringing other travelers on the same itin to E+ on a UA flight.

I looked up the rules and it says a CO Plat can bring 1 pax to E+. I am traveling with 3 other friends and want to see if anyone has experienced any exception in terms of the # of travelers you successfully brought to E+. Will begging work?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:33 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Here is an idea...

Originally Posted by riant
I am new to this forum as I status matched with CO late last year and am now a Platinum. I saw a few threads about upgrades in general, but want to ask specifically about bringing other travelers on the same itin to E+ on a UA flight.

I looked up the rules and it says a CO Plat can bring 1 pax to E+. I am traveling with 3 other friends and want to see if anyone has experienced any exception in terms of the # of travelers you successfully brought to E+. Will begging work?
Paying the extra $$$ to get them into E+ will work.

SunLover
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Are you all on the same itinerary? It's a 1K benefit that you can bring up to 8 people on the same PNR into E+ (so maybe that might get extended to Plats too) - if not on the same itin, you can definitely bring 1 up (I did it last week)...might be able to do it at different touch points at the airport (check-in, club, GA).
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
Forgot to change my programs... I lost my 1K this year, that's why had to do a status match to at get Star Gold

Not sure if my friends are willing to pay. I'm so not ready to be in E and not E+, but don't want to ditch my friends either, the 9 hr flight is going to suck in UA E...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by riant
Forgot to change my programs... I lost my 1K this year, that's why had to do a status match to at get Star Gold

Not sure if my friends are willing to pay. I'm so not ready to be in E and not E+, but don't want to ditch my friends either, the 9 hr flight is going to suck in UA E...
E+ is so worth it especially for 9 hours! I have cheap friends too.. but comfort while traveling trumps sitting right next to them. I went to Kauai with 4 friends in December...they were all on awards (no upgrades to F allowed) and I was on a paid ticket. I UDU'd to F and they all sat in coach. Didn't bother me a bit!

During the flight you can meet them in the rear galley for a drink or 2 and then go back to E+. Or to reduce the cost.. bring one of them up to E+ for free and then have all 3 of them split the cost of buying up to E+ for the other 2.. makes it a bit cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.