Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF Merger Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, National Execute Elite
FF Merger Question

I am now a CO Plt and UA 1P. Should I choose just to use one when flying either or does it matter? I am concerned that my segments and miles wont be combined for 2012's status. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
They have already announced that elite miles earned in either program will be combined for 2012 status. One new benefit this year is you will earn 2 CR1's (confirmed north american upgrades) once you hit 75,000 EQM's in either program, and then another 2 once you hit 100k EQM's. If you're planning on reaching those levels you should probably put all your miles in one place.

But just in terms of 2012 status, it doesnt matter where you put them.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
An elite CSR told me she thought the they would use merged EQM/Ps for RegUs and SWUs. For what its worth. I never fly anything other than CO metal and CO Tickets, so I didn't really pursue a verification.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
An elite CSR told me she thought the they would use merged EQM/Ps for RegUs and SWUs. For what its worth. I never fly anything other than CO metal and CO Tickets, so I didn't really pursue a verification.
This is my fear, that they somehow screw us over on this.

I'm going to be doing 20K BIS on NH in C in a few weeks - need to credit to CO to get the 50% COS EQM bonus (UA doesn't give it). I should still hit 100K EQM credited to UA regardless - but I have a slight fear that I'll end up at 90K on UA and 35K on CO, and will get screwed out of the 6 SWUs and RUs at 100K/125K.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
This is my fear, that they somehow screw us over on this.

I'm going to be doing 20K BIS on NH in C in a few weeks - need to credit to CO to get the 50% COS EQM bonus (UA doesn't give it). I should still hit 100K EQM credited to UA regardless - but I have a slight fear that I'll end up at 90K on UA and 35K on CO, and will get screwed out of the 6 SWUs and RUs at 100K/125K.
**in my best radio announcer voice** ...Need some miles? Afraid you won't hit Plat and be relegated to the back of the bus? Never fear...FlyerTalk is here! Check out our Mileage Run Deals Forum! Want to know more about mileage runs? Check out our Mileage Run Discussion Forum!

I understand your concern...hope you don't have any problems.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Exclamation Update (good news)

I talked to a 1K rep at Mileage Plus, brought up a similar scenario (flyer earns 50K EQM on both UA and CO - combines to 100K EQM, meaning top tier status ASSUMING it stays at that level). She confirmed that is correct (of course this is public info).

I then brought up the issue of upgrade instrument earning - would that same flyer, because they did 100K total EQM, be granted the 6 SWUs along with 2 RUs at the 75K/100K levels? She said that is correct as well, it will be done retroactively - said more communication would be coming out as well about this.

I also sent a note to the MP e-mail posing the same scenario - would like to get saved confirmation, in case I need to pick a battle on 1/1/12.

Of course, this is probably a bigger issue for UA flyers, especially anyone who wants to credit bonus COS EQM-earning trips to CO (as UA doesn't give you the 50% for most Star carriers). Though I suppose some dual midtier status folks could be crediting to CO when flying CO and UA when flying UA.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I talked to a 1K rep at Mileage Plus, brought up a similar scenario (flyer earns 50K EQM on both UA and CO - combines to 100K EQM, meaning top tier status ASSUMING it stays at that level). She confirmed that is correct (of course this is public info).

I then brought up the issue of upgrade instrument earning - would that same flyer, because they did 100K total EQM, be granted the 6 SWUs along with 2 RUs at the 75K/100K levels? She said that is correct as well, it will be done retroactively - said more communication would be coming out as well about this.

I also sent a note to the MP e-mail posing the same scenario - would like to get saved confirmation, in case I need to pick a battle on 1/1/12.

Of course, this is probably a bigger issue for UA flyers, especially anyone who wants to credit bonus COS EQM-earning trips to CO (as UA doesn't give you the 50% for most Star carriers). Though I suppose some dual midtier status folks could be crediting to CO when flying CO and UA when flying UA.
Be careful relying on phone agents for proof of official confirmation. Until it's in writing for COUA, I am sure things are subject to change.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Be careful relying on phone agents for proof of official confirmation. Until it's in writing for COUA, I am sure things are subject to change.
Amen brother.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Don't I know it - that's why I'm waiting for that written response to my e-mail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.