Wiki Posts
Search

Miles to Baghdad?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Miles to Baghdad?

Hi there,

I have enough miles to get to the Middle East region on the economy scale, and I need to get to Baghdad..anyone have any idea of how I can route a trip using miles to Iraq? My home airport is RDU..

thanks

Last edited by a_Salika; Feb 7, 2011 at 11:08 am
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:14 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
If it can be done, then AFAIK your only way to use OP miles to get all the way to BGW (not SDA anymore ) is on Turkish, which flies to BGW from IST. There are lots of routings to IST, though I think the final segment is limited to TK and LH metal.

I think you'll have to call CO reservations (see this page for phone numbers).

Last edited by ralfp; Feb 7, 2011 at 6:49 pm Reason: call reservations, not the OPSC (thanks, sbm12)
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You call reservations, not OPSC, to make a reservation. As to whether BGW is a permitted destination, I believe it is.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I think UA flies to KWI and then you can rent a car and drive.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I think UA flies to KWI and then you can rent a car and drive.
Really.. whats the point of this comment?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by dominick
Really.. whats the point of this comment?
It's a viable option. I drove from KWI - SDA in March of 2003. Kind of bumpy, but definitely doable.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
If your travel is later in the year, DLH also an option starting in September.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies! Glad to know it looks possible. Now it looks like I might need to fly into Najaf, but it seems only Middle Eastern airlines fly into there and not Turkish airlines?

Considering I'm a woman traveling alone (will be picked up by friends at the airport), driving across the country alone is not an option, I am only interested in flying to Baghdad or Najaf. I'll be traveling in early May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.