Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO Plat + US Airways codeshare on UA metal = UDU eligible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE

i had an unused US ticket that i had to burn on an upcoming trip and found some routes that seemed to fit my plans that are UA operated codeshares. route is now booked. i'm CO Plat. one of the legs is a UAX flight. LAX >>> PDX.. then PDX >>> SFO >>> IAD.

am i UDU eligible, or is that a INP situation because it is on a US ticket?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by eleeut
i had an unused US ticket that i had to burn on an upcoming trip and found some routes that seemed to fit my plans that are UA operated codeshares. route is now booked. i'm CO Plat. one of the legs is a UAX flight. LAX >>> PDX.. then PDX >>> SFO >>> IAD.

am i UDU eligible, or is that a INP situation because it is on a US ticket?
I believe it all has to do with the metal you are on. even though you are on a US flight number/codeshare, there should be a mirror reservation in the UA system with a UA conf code/record locator.

call UA and ask them to find you using your flight number, and ask for the UA (NOT US) conf code or record locator. Use that to sign in at UA.com. add your CO plat number. Basically disregard your US reservation and only use your UA one. check-in online at UA.com, not US.com. it may work. worst case, you dont get it at your window, but you'd be eligible once the agent saw you were a CO plat in UA metal.

This may work. it worked like that in the early days of the CO/NW deal. not sure if it still does today.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
UDU = not on codeshares (apart from CO apparently)

but, you can be added to the list at check in, online or in person.
Worked for me as AC codeshares.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

how about E+ access? i don't seem to have the option right now when opening the reservation on the United site.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
how about E+ access? i don't seem to have the option right now when opening the reservation on the United site.
Probably a quick phone call to United reservations is the fastest way to get E+ seat assignments on this flight. (The OnePass CS desk will transfer you to the UA elite line, right?)
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Log out of UA.com, then look up your reservation with the UA confirmation number. (If it's a CO ticket, you can get it from your CO profile, if US I'm not sure how you might find it, probably call US.) Once you have that reservation up on the UA website (but NOT logged in), add your CO OP number to it, and you should be able to select E+ and also get UDU.

I've found that as a CO Plat, things work out better for me if I'm NOT logged in with my UA account, which has no status.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

called the CO Elite Desk and was patched through to the 1K desk. nice pleasant agent on the other side. anyway, there are no UDU for the US Codeshare/UA metal flights but I can get added to the list at check-in.

as for seat selection, i have no Mileage+ account, so i accessed my res using the United Conf code. i had to call US to get that #. i couldn't access the seat assignment page properly for some reason on the United site and had to ask for E+ assignments over the phone. i'm at least in and aisle exit row seat in the 757 for the redeye home.

i'll cross my fingers for the battlefield upgrade at SFO.

i'm on a UA operated CO codeshare to head out west and confirmed that i am in the UDU queue for that one. flight seems pretty open still so i have a chance at it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rankourabu
UDU = not on codeshares (apart from CO apparently)

but, you can be added to the list at check in, online or in person.
Worked for me as AC codeshares.
rankourabu is correct. Pertinent information and link below:

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53519,00.html

e) The following tickets are not eligible for Unlimited Domestic Upgrades:
• Three-cabin transcontinental p.s.® flights
• Tickets that are already upgraded to business class
• Mileage Plus award tickets
• Tickets in booking code G
• On codeshare flights operated or marketed by our airline partners (with the exception of codeshare flights operated by Continental Airlines)

Terms & Conditions of UDU
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
i'll cross my fingers for the battlefield upgrade at SFO.
Let us know how this works. I've been told by UA that you can't even be added to the waitlist if you're on a codeshare flight operated by United or Continental. This would be good news but based off previous experience I'm not sure this is possible
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:24 am
Original Poster

the US/UA part of the trip isn't until the 2nd wk of Feb. i'll post back with the outcome. the 1K desk person indicated that i am able to get added to the list at the airport. i hope that is the case.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Let us know how this works. I've been told by UA that you can't even be added to the waitlist if you're on a codeshare flight operated by United or Continental. This would be good news but based off previous experience I'm not sure this is possible
i was added to the waitlist by an agent at the RCC... didn't get the up, but i was #2 on the list at the time of departure. maybe YMMV though? i'll try again when i check in for the PDX >>> SFO >>> IAD return.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:05 am

i was added to the waitlist by an agent at the RCC... didn't get the up, but i was #2 on the list at the time of departure. maybe YMMV though? i'll try again when i check in for the PDX >>> SFO >>> IAD return.
Very good to know! Thanks for the update. There is some risk in this approach but it seems UA is holding back more upgrades until at the gate nowadays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.