Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thanks CO; DirectTV preview runs out in F early in SuperBowl and no fix given

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks CO; DirectTV preview runs out in F early in SuperBowl and no fix given

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Ummm...I still can't even get the refunds section of the website to work. Your list is a tall order.

I'm not really inventing anything here. UA FA's can flag a flight as problematic for a variety of reasons -- either the whole flight, or a single cabin, and CS takes care of sending the email and goodwill after the fact (usually it's in your inbox by the next morning).

Most people wouldn't worry about the refund if they got some bonus miles or something, and they'd walk away with a better perception of the airline.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:15 am

Ummm...I still can't even get the refunds section of the website to work. Your list is a tall order.
Have you tried just writing an "other problem" type of complaint? Is there some more generic type of submission form?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Last time I had an issue with Direct TV I sent a letter through WeCare and got a call back about a week later, offering to reverse the charges.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Last time I had an issue with Direct TV I sent a letter through WeCare and got a call back about a week later, offering to reverse the charges.
I'll try that along with a note about the website being broken - maybe I'll get some bonus miles for reporting it (a man can dream).
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
During the SB I was seated in the 1st row of economy and was able to see the game on a screen in the last row of FC. I didn't see the FC folks have to swipe cards, and assume they did get it for free. Some folks in coach did pay, and the system did work for the duration of my IAH-SFO flight.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edweird
During the SB I was seated in the 1st row of economy and was able to see the game on a screen in the last row of FC. I didn't see the FC folks have to swipe cards, and assume they did get it for free. Some folks in coach did pay, and the system did work for the duration of my IAH-SFO flight.
FC receives DTV free - for now. That is possibly one of those "changes we'll see over the next few months that we'll like'...i.e. not free anymore.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
Well, $misek has already ruffled the pilots' feathers with the RJ fiasco. Now the FA's with the profit sharing issue. I guess ground staff are next?

The UA staff are really not keen on the guy anymore. I've never seen such a nosedive in terms of perception about a person. Six months ago, they were happy, falling for his smiling, shaking hands, and "working together" mumbo-jumbo. Now, not so much.
Good. The more unrest from the front-line employees means an even lesser chance of $mi$ek and the death globe staying in the long term. Keep it up $mi$ek.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
My first experience with the DTV was a couple Saturdays ago in the F cabin.
This might be a silly question, but how in the world did you fly either 75,000 miles or 90 segments and not have a DTV flight until now?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
This might be a silly question, but how in the world did you fly either 75,000 miles or 90 segments and not have a DTV flight until now?
TATLs? TPACs? OALs? RJs?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:54 pm
Suspended

TATLs? TPACs? OALs? RJs?
NOT-CON?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
I'm not really inventing anything here. UA FA's can flag a flight as problematic for a variety of reasons -- either the whole flight, or a single cabin, and CS takes care of sending the email and goodwill after the fact (usually it's in your inbox by the next morning).
I flew a p.s. flight this week that had inop A/V throughout the plane. First flight out in the morning, the aircraft had come in late the night before. The goodwill e-mail showed up about 2 hours into the flight. The FAs also passed out the paper forms in the Y cabin.

In this instance UA was both pro-active and efficient.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by UAL awesome
Good. The more unrest from the front-line employees means an even lesser chance of $mi$ek and the death globe staying in the long term. Keep it up $mi$ek.
Oh please...most of the "Front-Line" at OCO know that this merger is going to be very uncomfortable for sometime, but it is far better than the past (TI & CO, EA+CO, CO+NY+FL+PE). The problem with our "instant" society is we expect everything to happen in the blink of an eye.

Jeff is an attorney and brought his armour to handle the lame criticism sent his way, but the methodical nature he and other senior mgmt are showing is going to make it a better experience than in the 80's, 90's.

"Death Globe" - jeeez.....
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: BMI Silver
The money was finally posted back to my card this week about 2 months after the the fact. On the same day, I got an email from the first person I dealt with saying the couldn't find my transaction. However, the Direct TV rep was able to find it using seat numbers and other details. With a bit of effort I could have had this response 2 months ago. At least it is sorted now. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Don'tGoThere
"Death Globe" - jeeez.....
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.