Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EliteAccess carpets for sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by o mikros
I want some of the glasses used in first class with the frosted "Continental Airlines" on them. Any chance of snagging some of those?
Just ask your FA. I try and collect a wine & water glass for each airline I've flown on. Usually results in a fresh clean glass being delivered, tho the "I see nothing" response is also common. Cathay Pacific is the only airline that denied me. I resorted to eBay to fill that gap.

Steve
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by o mikros
I want some of the glasses used in first class with the frosted "Continental Airlines" on them. Any chance of snagging some of those?
First of all, welcome to FT o mikros! If you have a President's Club membership, this is really easy. Just order a cocktail or glass of wine, consume said alcoholic beverage, and then wrap the glass in newspaper or something similar and stash it in your bag. No one is the wiser! I, of course, would never do this... :-:

I wonder if this will result in a mass theft of CO-branded items when they "officially" announce the date of the new livery/logo usage in all stations. I remember staying at the Desert Inn in Las Vegas about 2 weeks before the Wynn closed it down, and people were prying the door numbers off the guest room doors and stealing the ice buckets and the like...last flight out of Saigon kind of stuff.

I got dibs on the "Gordon's Galley" sign!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Here is my carpet, but it is not for sale.

When I have guest over they always ask how I got that. Blue is my favorite color so it matches well with the rest of the house.

Last edited by CO777DAL; Nov 27, 2013 at 6:39 pm
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:34 pm

Maybe Scott can arrange a "GARAGE SALE @IAH" DO when the changeover takes place to sell off some of the CO goodies.

It would be a fun weekend to reminisce about CO and looking forward to the fine red carpets in our future.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bigboofer
Maybe Scott can arrange a "GARAGE SALE @IAH" DO when the changeover takes place to sell off some of the CO goodies.

It would be a fun weekend to reminisce about CO and looking forward to the fine red carpets in our future.
To be fair, with the death of the tulip comes the elimination of red from the United logo, so I'm thinking we're just in for a name change on the carpets. The big question is whether the new carpet is exclusive to GS/1K/First...
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by bigboofer

Now that I think about it. They probably don't have to change the Elite Access Carpet. It doesn't say Continental any where on it. Just blue with Elite Access. I asked about this already and that is what I was told. Then I thought about it and they were right. They only carpets that would have to be changed are the BusinessFirst ones which do say Continental Airlines on them. Since they are trying to save as much money as possible and from what i was told, looks like the blue carpets are staying.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by theblakefish
First of all, welcome to FT o mikros! If you have a President's Club membership, this is really easy. Just order a cocktail or glass of wine, consume said alcoholic beverage, and then wrap the glass in newspaper or something similar and stash it in your bag. No one is the wiser! I, of course, would never do this... :-:
Do the glasses in the PCs have the logo on them?? I know the "shot" glasses don't, and I don't remember the larger ones having them either, but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Do the glasses in the PCs have the logo on them?? I know the "shot" glasses don't, and I don't remember the larger ones having them either, but I could be wrong.
I think its just the FC glasses that have the CO logo on them, not the PC glasses.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by CO777DAL
Here is my carpet, but it is not for sale.

Not even for several/many ToD's?!?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Blue CO carpet + red UA carpet = purple carpet after the merger?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Bulldog83
The big question is whether the new carpet is exclusive to GS/1K/First...
Hopefully it stays GS/1K/F/C, not all elites!

Originally Posted by Vunder31
Blue CO carpet + red UA carpet = purple carpet after the merger?

Too bad we aren't renaming the RCC, the Purple Carpet Club
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
More carpets to go...

I'm willing to part with another Elite Access carpet (it's the large "mainline" edition) so send me a private message if you're interested. (And I'll promise to return the message quickly this time )
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Oh man that bizfirst carpet is all kinds of awesome. Weatherboy: very tempting.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Images

This is the RJ one:

This is the mainline one:

The mainline one is 95"x58".

Last edited by Weatherboy; Jan 2, 2012 at 9:36 am Reason: Re-sized photos.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Perhaps you can re-size your photos? they're massive...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.