Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Finally set to get the new BF flatbeds tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Let's hope I don't get a last minute equipment swap. I am looking forward to trying these out. Is it true that the seats on the 752 have less pitch than those on the 777's?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
If you're on a 757, don't get excited until an airplane with flats is sitting at your gate. 757 swaps are rather frequent.

The 757 seats have 2" less pitch than those on the 777, but it's really only noticeable if you are 6'2" or taller. I'm 6'2" and can barely perceive the difference, but there is one. The 757 flats are also marginally narrower. Overall it's a really good product and the best premium seat of any 757 I've been on.

Try to get a seat in Row 1 if possible.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EWR764
If you're on a 757, don't get excited until an airplane with flats is sitting at your gate. 757 swaps are rather frequent.

The 757 seats have 2" less pitch than those on the 777, but it's really only noticeable if you are 6'2" or taller. I'm 6'2" and can barely perceive the difference, but there is one. The 757 flats are also marginally narrower. Overall it's a really good product and the best premium seat of any 757 I've been on.

Try to get a seat in Row 1 if possible.
I am taller than 6'2'' . I believe I am seated in row 2 presently. I'll check the seating board, but I doubt row 1 is still available. I am trying to temper my excitement so I am not too disappointed when they equipment swap me and I end up in the old seats.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

1F is open, should I take it? (I prefer window). Currently in 2F.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
1F is open, should I take it? (I prefer window). Currently in 2F.
Absolutely. The footwell/ottoman is much wider in row 1 than the other rows, which is particularly handy for tall folks (with big feet ) There is also some additional "storage" space on the shelf in front of the seat.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Absolutely. The footwell/ottoman is much wider in row 1 than the other rows, which is particularly handy for tall folks (with big feet ) There is also some additional "storage" space on the shelf in front of the seat.
Great. Switched to 1F.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:43 am

Nice! Have a good time in the seats. I probably won't get to experience them anytime soon unless I catch a free upgrade on a domestic trip.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcalvert
Nice! Have a good time in the seats. I probably won't get to experience them anytime soon unless I catch a free upgrade on a domestic trip.
fingers crossed.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 6:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

those .......s switched to the old equipment. So angry. Unless they switch back again before flight time of course.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by ijgordon
My last time in this seat, the FA almost had a canary when I temporarily placed some of my stuff on this shelf - you're not allowed to leave anything there during takeoff or landing (which is a good thing since it would probably end up in your lap). I guess they are used to people assuming they can put whatever crap they have on this shelf area.

Not sure how they would have reacted if I placed anything there during the flight . . . oh, that's right, I slept most of the flight so I never had the chance to do much more.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elitefreak
My last time in this seat, the FA almost had a canary when I temporarily placed some of my stuff on this shelf - you're not allowed to leave anything there during takeoff or landing (which is a good thing since it would probably end up in your lap). I guess they are used to people assuming they can put whatever crap they have on this shelf area.

Not sure how they would have reacted if I placed anything there during the flight . . . oh, that's right, I slept most of the flight so I never had the chance to do much more.
No worries, I've already been equipment swapped to the old seats and a 1 hour+ delay posted 10 hours before scheduled departure. Thanks CO!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
No worries, I've already been equipment swapped to the old seats and a 1 hour+ delay posted 10 hours before scheduled departure. Thanks CO!
Bummer.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
those .......s switched to the old equipment. So angry. Unless they switch back again before flight time of course.
Looks like they did switch again. This time to ship #120. No idea if #120 had the flat seats but looks like they pulled the double switch.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGDok9dsL44
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weez_1000
Looks like they did switch again. This time to ship #120. No idea if #120 had the flat seats but looks like they pulled the double switch.
Nope . The 8:45 departure finally took off around midnight. The old seats. I had forgotten how embarrassingly bad the old BF seats are on the 752's. They need to get the rest of these swapped out ASAP. They just look haggard. The cabin crew were very helpful and the saving grace of an otherwise terrible flight. The food was inedible and of the 40 movies offered, all were terrible (in my opinion). Luckily I was tired enough to get a few hours of sleep in spite of the seats. I can't help but feel BF has really been trending downwards recently. It went out with ship #125, too bad, looks like #120 has the flat beds, where did you see the alleged swap? On Continental.com it confirms CO54 went out with #125 yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.