Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing Reveals "Sky Interior"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MBM3
At 6'4", under the seat in front of me is reserved for my size 13s.
I have the same issue. I gladly (and always) put my bag under the seat in front of me when in F or the exit row. I often do in UA E+. In regular coach, there's no room for my feet with a bag down there.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pptp
Ditto. I would be happy to put my smaller bag there but my dang feet are in the way.

Wonder when we'll start seeing these in service for CO.
I've seen several sources stating the first one arrives at CO in December.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: CO, DL, AA
Yes indeed

Originally Posted by entropy
c.o.o.l.

hopefully they'll come with E+ too!
Can I have a witness!?!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
pretty excited. the NG interior is already looking dated. this looks a lot nicer...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by pptp
Wonder when we'll start seeing these in service for CO.
Originally Posted by ssullivan
I think the first CO plane with the new Boeing Sky interior is supposed to be a 738, ship #528 (reg N76528). Perhaps you, pptp, or one of your CO brethren might be able to find an updated delivery timeline...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by MBM3
At 6'4", under the seat in front of me is reserved for my size 13s.
I have the same issue. I gladly (and always) put my bag under the seat in front of me when in F or the exit row. I often do in UA E+. In regular coach, there's no room for my feet with a bag down there.
Me too...the only time that my height is ever an issue in when flying in whY...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by cjgibson
I think the first CO plane with the new Boeing Sky interior is supposed to be a 738, ship #528 (reg N76528). Perhaps you, pptp, or one of your CO brethren might be able to find an updated delivery timeline...
I vaguely remember reading something about it a while back. I just can't remember where and it would take way too long to go through all of the different publications. Maybe tv_man has some info, or we'll just have to wait and see. I'll PM him and ask.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I'll usually put my laptop bag underneath the seat with my size 16s on either side, or, even better, is against my seat with my legs in front of it. There is entirely too much of me around to try to fit anything else.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by EWR764
If you've ever been on the A380, the window 'reveal' (as they call it) on the passenger's side is massive, but the actual hole in the skin of the airplane is quite a bit smaller.
Are you sure? I thought for sure Airbus 319 and 320's had bigger widows?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
I'll usually put my laptop bag underneath the seat with my size 16s on either side, or, even better, is against my seat with my legs in front of it. There is entirely too much of me around to try to fit anything else.
No way I could fit my laptop bag and the feet under the seat at the same time. My bag fits under the seat just fine, but it leaves no space for my feet.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
No way I could fit my laptop bag and the feet under the seat at the same time. My bag fits under the seat just fine, but it leaves no space for my feet.
I suppose it would depend on the size of the bag. My personal laptop is a tiny old thing that takes up little space. The two laptops I have to carry for work take up quite a bit more.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
I suppose it would depend on the size of the bag. My personal laptop is a tiny old thing that takes up little space. The two laptops I have to carry for work take up quite a bit more.
My laptop bag ain't small. I carry as little as possible with me for work every week, but, unfortunately, I absolutely need everything in it.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:02 pm
Suspended

That video was horrifying. No first class?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:36 pm

Although tv_man didn't say exactly, it sounds like your estimate is pretty accurate.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
My laptop bag ain't small. I carry as little as possible with me for work every week, but, unfortunately, I absolutely need everything in it.
Mine isn't small either. Big, old Lowepro bag that fills the seat underneath. I'm always surprised when it does fit. Once the flight gets airborne I usually pull it back towards me for the legroom. Then again, I don't remember the last time I sat in a non-exit row whY seat. And also I'm not over 6'5", laser rocket arm...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.