Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ for CO elites is live!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Thanks for the info, I just booked tickets last night on CO flights operated by UA. I selected good seats, no seat assignments today when I checked the reservation. With a call to UA and a great CSR, now I have some good seats again!

Wildman

Now if we can just get the UG with the CO status!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Platinum
Just called UA for two of my flights SIN - NRT in October and December onwards to IAH on CO...E+ without any issues and a super-helpful CSR.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:40 am

My CSR said that I was his first request for move to E+ from a CO Plat but that they were expecting a lot and had staffed up. Moved me TPA - TUS via DEN and return all flights no problem. Didn't bring up UG list.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Valsetz
My CSR said that I was his first request for move to E+ from a CO Plat but that they were expecting a lot and had staffed up. Moved me TPA - TUS via DEN and return all flights no problem. Didn't bring up UG list.
A question, rhetorical no doubt, why don't they just fix the software to allow us to get E+ off of the website, vs bringing extra folks in to manage these requests?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: Continental, Starwoods, Intercontinental, Marriott
I had a previously booked combo United/CO trip and wanted to upgrade the IAD-BRU portion to E+

This morning I checked my reservation on CO.com, there was a message that said I could request seats on the UA legs with a phone number. It also showed my UA confirmation number. I called UA and their automated line was horrible and couldn't understand my voice and the simple difference between yes/no. However, as soon as I got a representative he swiftly changed me into E+. So overall - yay.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
I called last night to request E+ on a quick trip next week from MSP-ORD and got straight through to a gentleman with a heavy accent who confirmed my *G status but informed me I could only request E+ at the gate. I called again this morning and got straight through to a very pleasant US agent who immediately gave me exit row E+ seats... This is my first experience calling UA - do they transfer CS calls after a certain time to non-US call centres?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Is anyone having problems even getting the united site to accept their FF Number? I can add it at checkin but I havne't been able to add it greater than 24 hours out - it just says that it's not a recognized number when I choose continental and put in my #. If I choose mileage plus and put CO-<My number> it then tells me there is a system error.

Anyone found a way to make it come up?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:03 am

Hilarious CSR roulette just now. Called to arrange E+ seats on the UA leg of a flight next month (giving my UA conf # to the automated system before eventually getting to an agent). Guy says "You'll have to call Continental about that." I read him the message from the CO website ("You may select or change your seats by contacting United...."), he puts me on hold for a minute, comes back and tells me "Sorry, there are no economy plus seats left for that flight." I ask for a supervisor, again hold for a minute, he comes back and says "Sorry, I have no supervisors available right now".

I hang up, call back immediately, and get a CSR who's as nice as can be; seat 7D on the outbound and 6D on the return.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wizzy
Update: Supervisor confirmed I was eligible and able to do it over the phone, took him 3-4 minutes to give me seats.
Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and while I have E+ seating, I'm in boarding group 4. Will be wonderful for my bulkhead seat!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Called UA reservations and received E+ with no problem. This was for flights booked through UA on UA metal for two passengers on separate reservations (one a reward ticket) and one with OnePass number and status (plat) and the other with MP number and status. CSR was very helpful and asked how I felt about the merger. (I told him that I hoped that they would combine the best of both programs). I asked him if they had been getting a lot of calls from Continental elites and he said the volume was very high the last couple of days. He also offered to stay on the phone with me until I had confirmed that I had received both email confirmations. Very nice.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 2:23 pm

Thought I'd throw this in as an added point...Flew UA44 last night LAX-IAD, got upgraded at the Gate with USA18DCA's Sister who is a Plat as well... Excellent Flight! ^
Old Oct 3, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by wizzy
Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and while I have E+ seating, I'm in boarding group 4. Will be wonderful for my bulkhead seat!
*G is 4th to board?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Bushdog
*G is 4th to board?
Must be using his MP# instead of his OP#...
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by astan100
Is anyone having problems even getting the united site to accept their FF Number? I can add it at checkin but I havne't been able to add it greater than 24 hours out - it just says that it's not a recognized number when I choose continental and put in my #. If I choose mileage plus and put CO-<My number> it then tells me there is a system error.

Anyone found a way to make it come up?
Try CAPS for the letters in your OP number. No guarantees but it's helped me out before.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Try CAPS for the letters in your OP number. No guarantees but it's helped me out before.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it. I got the dreaded system error before, as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.