Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ for CO elites is live!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by entropy
I wonder when UA elites will get E+ on continental operated flights..
You already can get into the CO version, ELR.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Too bad Co isn't doing much back for us UA elites. I get to go on an upgrade list 2 hours before a flight even with a B fare and 1k status. And an exit row seat seems beyond the reach of a UA flyer. I keep hearing about how much better Co is - so far - still waiting to discover for myself.
To the contrary, since at least the beginning of this week, UA elites have had access to preferred seating on CO and GSes, 1Ks, and 1Ps have had access to exit rows. Furthermore, CO quietly incorporated us Mileage Plus elites into its EUA system. I was able to assign myself exit row seats on two flights this week, got EUAed on my one mainline segment 48 hours out, and after changing to an earlier flight on the day of departure and checking in, was automatically added to the upgrade waitlist, with my upgrade clearing 30 minutes before departure.

I'm very, very happy that reciprocity is finally upon us.

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Maybe that is you, as I had booked CO flights two weeks ago, initially exit row wasn't available, but after I purchase, close the browser, re-enter my PNR #, the exit rows show all up include my UA MP #, and I am only a 1P.
From my experience, when shopping for CO flights on continental.com, UA elites should be aware that they will not be able to view and select available premium economy class seating until both their Mileage Plus number is added to the reservation and any purchase is ticketed (which usually takes about five minutes after the purchase is complete).

Of course, these issues for us UA elites would probably be better discussed in the thread in the UA forum, leaving this thread to the OnePass folks to discuss their experiences with travel on UA metal.

To all the OnePass elites sampling E+ for the first time, welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll like it a lot better than the 31" pitch that may be familiar to you when you don't get the upgrade, the bulkhead, or the exit row seat. Here's to hoping the new United keeps E+ and adds it to the (former) CO fleet. A first class section on the CO Express jets, much like what UA features on a number of its affiliates' regional jets would be nice too, wouldn't it?

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Sep 30, 2010 at 11:44 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:49 pm

It's now officially LIVE thanks to Heathrow Guy for being on the ball.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
I'm continental platinum - it's nearly 2 am pacific, 4 am central and no love for me with E+... they still want to charge me $19 or $49 per segment.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
It appears that you can no longer select seats on UA reservations through CO.com. The "View/Change Seats" link is gone and there is an asterisk where the seat assignments are.

The asterisk lists your UA confirmation number and the UA phone #
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by Hartmann
It appears that you can no longer select seats on UA reservations through CO.com. The "View/Change Seats" link is gone and there is an asterisk where the seat assignments are.

The asterisk lists your UA confirmation number and the UA phone #
I'm glad they list the UA conf. #. ^
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:34 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by usa18dca
It's now officially LIVE thanks to Heathrow Guy for being on the ball.
I dead for me on both of my upcoming UA tickets.

How does one resurrect this feature?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
UA itineraries that are CO codeshares and booked through CO.com now show on united.com with confirmation numbers as well. ^
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Have a TPAC first/saver award itin starting 3/2/11. Called UA this morning to get at least E+ for the only coach leg of the trip (MSP>ORD). Was told to call CO and they would call UA and get me the seat. Did that, they did it. Have E+ now. Thx "the new united"
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1k, UA MM, MB Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat (ha ha), Hertz Pres, etc.
I tried this morning (8:35a CT) and could not. I then called and was told I had to buy it. After insisting he was wrong, politely, I got an economy plus seat. When I checked-in, I was able to choose any e+ seat.

But, it did not upgrade me to first. Instead the site tried to sell me an upgrade. I thought it was all being activated today?

So, I called again, CS referred me to web support who told me I still had to make the request at the airport. So, I asked for the Elite desk number and called there. After about 10 more minutes with them, they said the same thing - ask at the airport.

So, it looks like they'll still be selling them to non-elites before offering them to CO elites until mid-October (at least that's what the UA elite desk told me).
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thumbs down

I have a trip next week that is half UA, half CO. I had added my CO number, but ua.com won't let me pick E+ seats. Called UA, they're telling me that I'm eligible, but the only way to get an E+ seat is to go to the airport. Put me on hold to check with the "support desk", and said I had to pay for it. On hold for a supervisor now...

-----
Update: Supervisor confirmed I was eligible and able to do it over the phone, took him 3-4 minutes to give me seats.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:32 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Worked for me buying a ticket yesterday for a flight FCO-IAD-IAH on OCt 14th. It actually would only let me choose seats in E+ on the Co webpage (and when I checked on United after, same thing).

Other than the CO website showing a United 777 with two sets of wings it worked great ^^^

Ciao,
FH
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: CO gold,AA platinum for life,WN, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club plat,Emerald club exec
websites say "Later this month"

look at what Smiszek has in his letter on the websites:

Coming later this month, elite members will enjoy reciprocal access to complimentary elite upgrades and preferred economy seating on United and Continental flights. United elite members will have access to Continental’s preferred seating, and Continental elite members will have access to United’s Economy Plus® seating
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: CO PPlat, United GS, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
E+ on CO codeshare LAX -SFO

I just tried to follow the CO.com instructions to get a seat on the LAX - SFO codeshare for this Sunday 3-Oct-2010 with the following results/observations:

- United IVR system <speaks english/does not understand english>

- United CSR <barely speaks english/does not understand english>

^ - Secured E+ seating!!!

Next time I will try to do the same via United elite line and see if its any better.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Slightly OT...

I am *G (Gold on OP, zip on MP).

Ove the past six months I've never had luck entering my OP number on a UA operated flight (not code share) prior to check-in. At check-in, I am able to change from MP number ot OP and have *G printed on my boarding pass. This usually gets me E+ t the gate.

When I go to print out my MP memberships card, there is no *G recognition. I called UA support about three months ago - a harrrowing experience - and they said my *G status is reflected in the system but I do not see it in my profile.

Is this the way it is, or am I doing something wrong....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.