Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Compensation for Direct TV down

had a recent round trip on CO.

1) CO website showed Direct TV on the flight with complimentary service to F
2) it was announced before the flight that it had direct TV

It was a direct TV flight.

On the outbound the service was in and out, could not watch a program except for the ones stored on the plane, the Direct TV channels did not work

On the return the Direct TV got zero signal, again only the stored programs would work the entire flight.

Since this is an advertised feature, can I get compensation for this or should I dispute the credit card charge?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
If you were in F, I doubt it. Then again, even the people who paid for it could see the stored programs, right? It sucks, but I don't think so. I've flown at least 3-4 times so far this year where my seat audio didn't work, but I didn't get reimbursed b/c CO said on its PDA that a movie would be shown. Maybe if they'd said "A movie will be shown and your audio WILL work" I could've griped, but that's just that.

I don't think this is a compensation type issue, but that's just me. Having said that, I sure am praying that my flights to and from ANC this week have working DTV!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by mike_asia
had a recent round trip on CO.

1) CO website showed Direct TV on the flight with complimentary service to F
2) it was announced before the flight that it had direct TV

It was a direct TV flight.

On the outbound the service was in and out, could not watch a program except for the ones stored on the plane, the Direct TV channels did not work

On the return the Direct TV got zero signal, again only the stored programs would work the entire flight.

Since this is an advertised feature, can I get compensation for this or should I dispute the credit card charge?
If you were in F, what would expect for compensation when you did not pay for DTV service?
Also Mike, there is a search feature that can be pretty handy on here. There was just last week a thread about DTV refunds. @:-)
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:16 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Ask them to send you 100 headsets.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carvalh2
If you were in F, what would expect for compensation when you did not pay for DTV service?
Also Mike, there is a search feature that can be pretty handy on here. There was just last week a thread about DTV refunds. @:-)
It is not a question of getting the refund because you don't pay in F. It is part of the product not being available.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
It is not a question of getting the refund because you don't pay in F. It is part of the product not being available.
If I PayPal you $6 will you shut up about it? It's worth that much to me.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
As compensation for LiveTV being down CO will force you to clean up the next meal you see on the floor in F. With no gloves, facemasks, or anything but your tongue and hands.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus

I'm not following you. Were you in F or not? If so, exactly what 'credit card charge' are you going to dispute?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lindaiah

I'm not following you. Were you in F or not? If so, exactly what 'credit card charge' are you going to dispute?
sorry i was not clear. Yes, i was in F. I am talking about disputing the credit card charge for the ticket fare since it was down on both flights.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:44 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by jadenus
if i paypal you $6 will you shut up about it? It's worth that much to me.
rotflmao ^ ^ ^
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am not going to reply to any negative comments on my second day back on the forum. My PM inbox is full from messages welcoming me back so i feel pretty good.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:52 am

I am not going to reply to any negative comments on my second day back on the forum. My PM inbox is full from messages welcoming me back so i feel pretty good.
Not sure what was negative about my post...If I were you I really would ask for 100 headsets.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: EK Platinum - SPG Platinum
Thumbs down

The toilet flush on my last flight with Mongolian Airlines was broken can I get a compensation?
The crosswords in the in-flight magazine of my flight from Dakar to Malabo with Senegal Airlines were already done can I get a compensation?

Why some people are so obsessed with compensations?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by plemos
Why some people are so obsessed with compensations?
Because everything must be SOMEONE's fault, and that means they owe me.

Or something like that.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Because everything must be SOMEONE's fault, and that means they owe me.

Or something like that.
You are right. I was raised to take responsibility for my own actions and everything that happens around me. CO does not

Similar thing happened on JAL to me from Narita to Taipei and JAL gave out duty free vouchers to every customer. Did not even get an apology from CO. Only entertainment on the plane was me winding up the FA's about getting overtaken by UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.