Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Open Letter to CO & Chase from All NON-ELITE Presidential Plus Cardmembers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Open Letter to CO & Chase from All NON-ELITE Presidential Plus Cardmembers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:01 am

Can't agree with your gripe here, RNE. Sorry.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CJ1120
Can't agree with your gripe here, RNE. Sorry.
Concur. Complaint should be dismissed as without merit.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by airzim
Someone get this man a violin.
no violins for non-elites.....sorry
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
no violins for non-elites.....sorry
Better yet, add a violin fee for non-elites...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mulieri
Better yet, add a violin fee for non-elites...
You can always book an extra seat for the violin.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by channa
That's true. Though if you don't need or want the PC, this card is likely of questionable value begin with.
Two free bags for you and anyone traveling with you. Could pay for itself with one family trip.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:40 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Sometime your arguments have some logic to them my dear RNE, but this ain't one of then.
Logic? What's that?

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Elites already get these, are you suggesting that elites should also get a reduced fee on the card because they already have those benefits?
Yes! If you have the chutzpah to demand it, like I do.

You naysayers and violinists may laugh now, oh yes! But when my followers rise up (both of them), you bourgeois elites will be swept away in a tide of righteous non-elitehood!

RNE, channeling Karl Baby to say, "Constant revolutionizing of production distinguish the bourgeois epoch from all earlier ones. All fixed, fast-frozen relations, with their train of ancient and venerable prejudices are swept away, all new-formed ones become antiquated before they can ossify. All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses, his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind."
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Maybe you'd be better channeling Lar'baby and saying 'Blue is better than red, but black is best'
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum Elite, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis President's
Originally Posted by RNE
Yes! If you have the chutzpah to demand it, like I do.
Well, speaking as an ELITE Presidential Plus Cardmember, I want some advantage over the NON-ELITEs since I am not paying for EliteAccess services.

So, we demanded it!!!!

We either wanted a rebate, or something else!! Well, we got something else:
25% bonus miles, and the ability to get EUA for our reward travel.

But, whatever it is, logically, ELITEs should have more advantage of the card than NON-ELITE cardholders, just as if neither of had the card. To say that NON-ELITEs should have the same advantage is unfair to those of us who flew countless hours to earn our status.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rakdance
But, whatever it is, logically, ELITEs should have more advantage of the card than NON-ELITE cardholders, just as if neither of had the card. To say that NON-ELITEs should have the same advantage is unfair to those of us who flew countless hours to earn our status.
It's not even about that. Look, if there was no stratification of benefits on the card, then no elite in their right mind would sign up for it, since it would be more cost-effective to just get a PC membership (or an Amex Platinum membership for that matter). Most if not all the other really useful benefits they already get as a function of their elite status. So they had to do something to entice elites to sign up for the card. Though frankly, IMHO, the 25% bonus and the upgrade on domestic coach reward travel isn't worth much to me.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ijgordon
no elite in their right mind would sign up for it, since it would be more cost-effective to just get a PC membership
Not true.

With the rate increases, Silver is $450 and Gold is $400. Both are more than a $395 annual fee. Even a Plat rate is $375, so if it's your first year, add the $50 initiation fee, and it's cheaper to get the card.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Not true.

With the rate increases, Silver is $450 and Gold is $400. Both are more than a $395 annual fee. Even a Plat rate is $375, so if it's your first year, add the $50 initiation fee, and it's cheaper to get the card.
And first year of the card is free.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
RNE;
If nothing else you can alway impress the statuesque Mrs. RNE with the card.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by keisari
RNE;
If nothing else you can alway impress the statuesque Mrs. RNE with the card.
She is one of the two followers he mentioned. I'm not sure who the other one is.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not true.

Oh yikes I didn't realize the fees were so out of whack. I assume CO gets a cut of the merchant fee paid to Chase on transactions, to make the difference. Of course that is if you use the card at all...
So I guess now my question is -- who in their right mind would pay for a regular PC membership??? I guess someone with bad credit or who can expense a club membership to their company (but not a CC annual fee).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.